God Pages Nurse Vining to Heaven

2/2/2008 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shell KeplerShell Kepler, who played nurse Amy Vining on "General Hospital" for more than 20 years, died yesterday in Portland, Ore. Paging Dr. Quartermaine!

According to the Medical Examiner's office, Kepler died of renal failure.

After her stint on "General Hospital" ended, Kepler moved to Portland and got involved in charity fundraising.

IMDb says she was 46, the M.E. says she was 49.

Fiona Flash Foxx, Rose Empress 49

Shell was a very good friend and supporter of me and the gay community. She will be missed greatly. We have lost a friend, hoever, her star will shine forever.

TJ Foxx

Yes Shell has really gone to heaven. She has been involved with our Charity organization here in Portland for the last few years, The Imperial Sovereign Rose Court, rosecourt.org, and has helped raise alot of money for various organizations including various AIDs charities and the Pride of the Rose Scholarship Fund.
Shell was always the life of a party, and now Im sure she is the life of an even bigger party in heaven and has finally found the peace she has been so longing for. We will all miss her a great deal, it won be the same going to one of our Charity functions and not see her smiling face. We will all miss Shell a great deal, but will all get to see her again someday in a much happier space. Her family has requested only a private memorial service for family only. However there will be a celebration of her life her in Portland for her friends here at 7:00 pm this Thursday at the Odessa Cafe where she volunteered many hours to help the owners and her friends get the restaraunt up and going.
R.I.P Shell- and say hello to all of our friends up there that went before you! We will miss you until we meet again.
Mr. Gay Oregon 2004 - 05
TJ Foxx

Diana

It is so sad! I used to love watching her on GH! She played Laura Webbers adopted sister! God Bless her and her family!

L KAYSER

OH, HOW SAD. I WAS A BIG FAN OF HERS. HOW VERY SAD.

Lynn

Shell Kepler was a wonderful part of General Hospital. She was always a bit of comic relief coupled with real life human feelings that show is currently missing. I have wondered over the last couple of years where Laura's sister has been and why Leslie doesn't mention her. Maybe it's been that her portrayer, Shell, has been ill and bringing someone else on to play her wouldn't have been the same.

God's peace to those that knew and loved her. May she be at peace.

aldog

I used to watch gh in the 70"s and 80's and liked to watch Amy Vining getting herself in trouble with Jessie Brewer because of her big mouth. I am the same age has she was and feel very sad about her death,, By the way she played Laura's step sister.

Madame Foxx

Shell you will be greatly missed. Thanks so much for your endless hours of soap opera drama but more importantly, thank you for all your endless fund raising and contributions to the International Court System and its various charities and especially The Imperial Sovereign Rose Court of Portland ,Oregon. God bless sweetie!

ghill4

Shell Kepler was a good actress... My condolences to her family and friends...

Michele

So sad.

jtbwriter

I heard TMZ had no class-this just proves it! I take it no one at TMZ has ever lost a loved one - to poke fun at a woman who only brought pleasure and joy to people's lives-you are pitiful! First and last visit to this classless site-and I don't watch your trashy show either to it's no loss! I hope God or whoever you trolls believe in never visit you with this kind of disease!

Rick & steven

Dear Shell,

It was so nice getting to know you here in Portland, we will miss your shining Star. Thanks for all the work you did in our community with The Rose Court helping us raise money for charity. We will miss seeing you at our events and the great time haning out with the boys.

You are loved by Portland!

oxox's
Rick & Steven

Rita

I used to watch GH all the time, and I used to really like this little girl, she made that soap a bit more lively she was a plesure to watch. ...I'm sure she'll be very missed by those surrounding her.

Carol

The first thing that came to my mind was an eating disorder- she always looked so unhealthy to me.

Dusty Rose

I am a friend of Shell's and I know I watched her as Amy in General Hospital when I was younger. I live here in Oregon and know her well. We did many fundraisers together and shows where I sang. She was my inspiration and I adored her. She was a great woman. I want everyone to know that. A heart of gold and so loving. I havent talked with her in about six months or so because I have been busy with work and school so I am so sad today to find out shes gone. I knew she was sick but she always said she had a handle on things. I will always love and miss her. Rest in peace my friend. When I get to heaven you and me will sing to God okay? Oh and for everyones information back in 1980 she wrote and published a song called Popular Girl and it was a hit. She dated Rick Springfield. Pretty cool huh? I love you Shell. See you in Heaven.
Dusty Rose

KerryT12

How can this website write such a flippant death notice?? Very tacky and distasteful. Shame on you. Have some class.