God Pages Nurse Vining to Heaven

2/2/2008 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shell KeplerShell Kepler, who played nurse Amy Vining on "General Hospital" for more than 20 years, died yesterday in Portland, Ore. Paging Dr. Quartermaine!

According to the Medical Examiner's office, Kepler died of renal failure.

After her stint on "General Hospital" ended, Kepler moved to Portland and got involved in charity fundraising.

IMDb says she was 46, the M.E. says she was 49.

Dusty Rose

If anyone from the Rose Court Sees this I need to find out where they are having her funeral. I was Ms Gay Salem and if you remember that as Dusty Rose, please ask someone to get ahold of me and let me know. Ive called Shells number and nothing. My email is dusty_902@hotmail.com Please contact me as soon as possible. If anyone from Portland sees this you know who I am because I was there with Shell doing a fundraiser in Vancouver. She brought me there to sing for you all. Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you
Dusty Rose

Dusty Rose

I am a friend of Shell's my name is Dusty Rose. Let me tell you about Shell. Fun, loving and a heart of gold. She was such a pleasure to be with. IF anyone didnt know this about her let me tell you now. She was a singer too. Back in 1980 she had a hit song called Popular Girl. Anyone in the same age area would remember that song and she made it a hit. She was dating Rick Springfield at the time. Shell had some issues with her health but was every bit of a winner out there in those fundraisers. When I met her I couldnt believe it was her that I had watched everyday faithfully for years as Amy Vining. Somedays I couldnt stand the braty sister of Lauras but she was great wasnt she? I am sad today that shes gone and I wasnt there for her. Didnt mean not to be but you know life gets crazy and all. This is all I can do today. My salute to you my friend and hey see you in heaven and we shall sing to God when I get there okay? I love you Shell. Rest in peace my friend.
DUSTY ROSE

Congratulations

"Paging Dr. Quartermaine!"

That's it. I've had my fill of the two-faced monster that is TMZ. You pretend to be so concerned about
celebrities being filmed with their children, but you spare no time in picking on children like Suri Rose.
You make fun of Britney's every downfall, then Harvey goes on Good Day L.A. with a sullen, pancake makeup
faux-frown of "concern" that makes Ryan Seacrest look sincere.

Shell Kepler never did anything to you, yet you reduce her life and career to a crappy eulogy, demonstrating
why people like myself get the real journalism jobs while you sit smugly at your McMacs and stroke your wet
dreams of writing for the Lampoon.

I stopped watching your TV show ages ago, and I don't need this site for my "news", either.

Defamer is much better.

cmg1237

The obit was in terrible taste. I liked Shell Kepler as Laura's sister on GH. Tmz failed to mention that after GH she had a business called Lacy Afternoons that got her into Forbes magazine and grossed 20 million in one year. She was not like the ditzy characters she portrayed. She had grace, class, smarts and was a real sweetheart. Let her rest in peace.

Mark

I am glad to see that someone at TMZ finally felt bad about the shockingly cruel 'obituary' that was originally posted about Shell's death. It was one of the cruellest things I have ever read. TMZ really hit the bottom of the barrel with that one. I felt dirty after reading it. TMZ has sunk as low as they possibly could.

Rigo

She actually put out an album too in the 80's that got alot of airplay in Los Angeles. On that other website that shows videos, search for Shell and the Crush - When You Look My Way. Cool song. RIP.

Beth Cornell

I used to watch GH with my baby sitter in the early 80s and remember her vividly. She would have been a great gossip on Murder, She Wrote. My thoughts and prayers go to her family on screen and off.

Beth Cornell

She was a good actress. They could have used her talent on Murder, She Wrote.

Liam

RIP.... You left us way to early pretty sparrow and we are all at a loss because of it. Fly free of pain up in the heavens where we will all meet with you again someday. RIP..........

Vicki

She played Laura Spencer's adopted sister on GH. It is indeed sad and that she had such a short life.

sblondie

Who or what is your source on that renal failure?

OHSU which has its own medical examiner has not given out the cause of death.

Anneke

I have watched 'General Hospital' since the early 80s, I will be 34 this summer.

Shell's character, Nurse Amy was one of my favorites.

My condolences go out to her family and friends.

May she rest in peace.

Ally

Shell played sister to Laura Spencer.

Nancy

I think she played a younger relative of Laura Spencer but I might be wrong. My brother is in renal failure now and has dialysis 3 times a week, he's only 47 and it is nothing to laugh about, he's a very sick man. It's always sad to hear when such a young person dies.

sharyl fisher

I used to watch her on GH. What a shame she died so young & pretty. To her family, i am sorry for your loss
Sharyl in Tacoma WA