Paula Abdul's Pre-Game Lip-Synch

2/3/2008 6:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

If you just missed Paula Abdul's Super Bowl pre-show performance, where she mouths sings "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow," rest easy, TMZ has got your back.

The sugary pop presentation was pretty much a predictable mess -- including a Britney circa 1999 routine, cheesy background dancers and absolutely no actual singing. The best part wasn't even Paula -- it was spotting Randy Jackson in the background -- playing bass! Hello, Tito!

Where in the hell was Simon during this pre-taped madness?!

mk

oh leave her alone i think she did good!

that.is.all

WHAT A COMPLETE ASS PAULA IS.

WASHED UP.

PUT AWAY WET SKANK.

Baseball Junkie

PATS RULE

Tonya

Wow.....bunch of critics and haters on here huh? I'd like to see any one of you haters up there doing what she did. I bet we'd all get a damn laugh out of that! I get so sick of people hating on everyone else for no reason other than they have a little more money, maybe they look better, or maybe you just don't have a freakin life! Damn people....it's sickening!!!!!!!

anne

shut up. lip-synching happens. she did good!

vlv90631

You know I use to think the info from your show was pretty acurate but the nasty stuff written by TMZ regarding Paula's performace was really sad. You all deliberately hurt people and set everyone up to fail and feel bad about themselves which causes (as you can see from several others you have degraded) them to do harmful things to themselves. Harvey, I am disqusted that you go with this. I really did respect you and trusted your word but you either dont care or you dont read what others put on your articales. FYI: I THOUGHT PAULA ABDULS PERFORMANCE WAS GREAT. SHE LOOKED GREAT, SOUNDED GREAT AND PERFORMED VERY GOOD. You guys need help, how sad that you ALL feel it necessary to hurt, degrade and bring the worst out in celebrity's. You All must really hate yourselves to live your lives hurting others. I will never watch nor listen to your show again. When someone else (like Britney) gets hurt because of you continuous behavior I will pray for you cause you really need it.

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

I was pleasantly surprised - she did better than I thought that she would. I enjoyed the performance - I'd say it was a great job.

that.is.all

anne
lip syncing does happen when you can't friggin sing and you are wrapped so loose you have to fake it and pre-tape it.

Camry

I thought that she did pretty good, considering that she's well into her 40's. She looked a helluva lot better than Britney at the VMAs!

Go Pats!

Tonya

She can't sing??? That's funny Poor Randy, she's made millions from singing but yet she can't sing? You're such a loser and I guess an expert so like we give a crap what your opinion is freaking wank!

pkwykid

Actually, Randy's playing an electric bass - it just looks like a Gretsch Country gentleman guitar. Eons ago, Randy played bass for Journey.

SAxlerod

This was 100 percent BS!!!! If you're not going to sing for real, why do it? It's people like Randy and Paula who give music a serious bad name. And you wonder why CD's aren't selling. It's fake-ask stuff like this. The true reality show is that she can't sing! But thanks to automation like Protools, it makes the none talented sound like they shouldn't.

SAxlerod

SAxlerod

When Paula was picked up in this fake video by this guy, the guy should have then thrown her out a window, 120 stories high. Now that would make a good reality show!

Camille

I understand that many performances are enhanced by technology, pitch correctors and processors. However, considering the fact that she is enjoying fame again due to her association with American Idol, critiquing live performances, I think it's pretty sad that this performance was so heavily processed.