Jamie to Brit: I Gotta Cook for the Super Bowl!

2/5/2008 10:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a declaration signed by Jamie Spears, he claims on Sunday, February 3, "I was unable to visit the hospital during the day because I had to work: I am a cook, and I was catering a large Super Bowl party."
Read the docs
Jamie continues, "While I was working Britney called my cell phone at least four times. She called me about every 20 minutes." During one call, she said, "Daddy what are you doing?" Jamie responded, "I told her I was cooking. Britney said, 'What are you doing cooking, daddy? Why are you not here with me?' I told her, 'Baby, daddy's got to work.'"

Jamie continued, saying that Britney asked him to "hurry up and get here ... because you gotta get me out of here."

Jamie said Brit asked him to bring her some vanilla ice cream.

When Jamie got to the hospital, Brit was unreceptive. "I leaned over to kiss her. She turned her head away from me. I said to her, 'I love you.' She said, 'No you don't.'"

Britney became upset, claiming "someone was lying to her" about who was keeping her at UCLA. Jamie said, "No, I'm not keeping you here." A nurse came in to tell Brit that the hospital was keeping her there, not her dad.

According to the declaration, "Britney told me that she had fired her lawyers and that she had new lawyers."

Jean

Ok, TMZ keeps adding paragraphs to the story. What is this? You want us to wait for the next paragraphs in anticipation? haha

CA Mom

After all that has come out about this Lutfi guy and the fact that her father is still working his job, no matter what people say, Britney is in good hands, I take back my opinion of him. I also feel more and more compassion for her daily. These wack jobs need to be kept away from her ( Lufti)

appauled by the stalkarazzi

Get well Britney. And, hopefully in time you will be able see that your Dad loves you. And, likely even saved your life by getting you away from Sam Lutfi.

Me

Why is this in a declaration? Was he trying to show that she was in contact with him etc.? It doesn't make sense to me.

from Canada

Mr. Spears isn't after Britney's money, he has a job and doesn't mooch off of Britney.

Jean

Joe #13: That was a stupid thing to say. That's not what he's doing and you know that.

CoolGirl2008

Last time I checked ice cream was fattening. I don;t think she should be eating that stuff. She is already the size of a small whale.

Lisa

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he works and doesn't visit his daughter, he's being insensitive. If he loses his job, then's he's sponging off the kid.

KB

Not sure if this is true, but it certainly sounds plausible. Regardless of whether or not she has a mental problem, she is also a spoiled juvenile little moron, so this scenario sounds EXACTLY how she would act. That her dad is supposed to drop everything, and if he doesn't, she has a little pouty hissy-fit.

Jean

Remember folks, if her dad can't be there, her mom and her aunt have also been visiting her. He has a job and he is just being responsible. Don't criticize him for not visiting Britney when she called him. He visits her when he is able, which is everyday...just not at ALLLLL the times she requests him. She's calling him so much because of her mental illness. Lay off folks!

JENSPAL

My heart goes out to Britney and her family. Having a mentally ill family member is hard enough without the whole world watching and mocking your every move. The paps aren't helping matters. If she had down syndrome, would the paps follow and mock her every move? Her family is doing the right thing. Her divorce attorneys, the paps and even her so-called-manager all need to back off and let the family get Britney the help she desperately needs. Give this family some privacy. Prayers are with the Spears family.

Lisa

where's Dad's declaration??? If you've got it, post it so we can read all of it!

oc

LET GOD DO HIS WORK......... HE DOESNT LIKE EVIL AND HE WILL EXPOSE THE TRUTH AND SAVE HIS CHILD SHE WILL WILL BE FINE.

ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF HER HAVING HER BABIES MAY HAVE TRIGGER HER ILLNESS LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO BROOK SHIELDS.

GOD BLESS

Professor Obvious

He's a cook? And he's held in low esteem he must work during Superbowl Sunday? This guy is totally redefining the term "loser".

Peep

You damn the man for sucking her money, then when he can't be there because he is making a living of his own, you damn him again. The guy can't win and seems to be doing the best he can.