Jamie to Brit: I Gotta Cook for the Super Bowl!

2/5/2008 10:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a declaration signed by Jamie Spears, he claims on Sunday, February 3, "I was unable to visit the hospital during the day because I had to work: I am a cook, and I was catering a large Super Bowl party."
Read the docs
Jamie continues, "While I was working Britney called my cell phone at least four times. She called me about every 20 minutes." During one call, she said, "Daddy what are you doing?" Jamie responded, "I told her I was cooking. Britney said, 'What are you doing cooking, daddy? Why are you not here with me?' I told her, 'Baby, daddy's got to work.'"

Jamie continued, saying that Britney asked him to "hurry up and get here ... because you gotta get me out of here."

Jamie said Brit asked him to bring her some vanilla ice cream.

When Jamie got to the hospital, Brit was unreceptive. "I leaned over to kiss her. She turned her head away from me. I said to her, 'I love you.' She said, 'No you don't.'"

Britney became upset, claiming "someone was lying to her" about who was keeping her at UCLA. Jamie said, "No, I'm not keeping you here." A nurse came in to tell Brit that the hospital was keeping her there, not her dad.

According to the declaration, "Britney told me that she had fired her lawyers and that she had new lawyers."

mimi

COOLGIRL - You obviously AIN'T, judging by your vicious & UNTRUE comment! Britney is in a shape that most mothers of 2 toddlers would give their kidneys for! Go back to bed, you must be underaged!

Esq

Jamie works for a living. He doesn't live off of his kids. I like him more and more all the time.

Kelli

That is truly heartbreaking but how does the press have information from a private phone call and hospital visit? I question this story. Mimi, Cool Girl spouts crap like that all the time. All she does it for is a reaction.

Kat

21. Last time I checked ice cream was fattening. I don;t think she should be eating that stuff. She is already the size of a small whale.

Posted at 8:12PM on Feb 5th 2008 by CoolGirl2008

Britney is not heavy no longer. Why don't you shut your dirty piehole?

LindaLou

The dad is the only one in this whole mess who is acting like a real grownup. Everyone else is stomping and fussing like an adolescent. He's making the tough choices...hospitalization, conservatorship, restraining order, working a job.... Props to the man.

The only question remains...where the heck has he been lo these many months while Britney self-combusted?

Get a clue.....

To keep her away from bad influences. Start by removing her phones!!!!!!! Take away her cell phone!!!!!!!! Take away her room phones!!!!!!!!! How many people has she contacted to bring her her vitamins.!!!!!!!!

alex

why is jamie working...i understand if he doesn't or shouldn't be sponging off of britney, but damn, seems to me with her money, she could be making life a little easier for him....if he's the owner/ over-seer, that's one thing, but if he's an actual caterer himself, is kinda sad...i give him a lot of credit for being a hard worker, a lot! but still, is it just me that this thought crossed the mind, anyone else??? hey, who knows, maybe it was his dream, to one day be a caterer, who's to say!

I'll rent the DVD when it's done

#29 - People pay good money to hire chef's to cater their events. Don't knock it.

Louisiana Girl

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesnt..make up your stupid minds!!!!

jess

Actually jamie works as a chef for the maloof brothers, who own the palms hotel. He at one point was even their private chef featured on a episode of Dr. 90210. Jamie clearly cares about what happens to britney and wants to keep her from Sam and all them. I hope she gets better.

noitall

NOW THERE'S A FATHER WHO HAS HIS SICK KID'S BEST INTEREST AT HEART.

BUON APETTITE , JAMIE !!!!!!!!!!

Brandon

how does tmz know this stuff?

Disgusted!!!!

Any idea how much money people make doing private catering?? Good heavens! You people are disgraceful! He has a successful business. Honestly....if he weren't working Supr Bowl Sunday....then there'd be a poblem. I'm sue when he booked i (probably months ago) he had no idea he'dhaeall this going on.

Sally

She's a spoiled B***TCH, really she is spoiled. To expect people to be at her beck and call all the da**mn time. They need to keep her in the hospital FUHEVER.

shannon