Jamie to Brit: I Gotta Cook for the Super Bowl!

2/5/2008 10:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In a declaration signed by Jamie Spears, he claims on Sunday, February 3, "I was unable to visit the hospital during the day because I had to work: I am a cook, and I was catering a large Super Bowl party."
Read the docs
Jamie continues, "While I was working Britney called my cell phone at least four times. She called me about every 20 minutes." During one call, she said, "Daddy what are you doing?" Jamie responded, "I told her I was cooking. Britney said, 'What are you doing cooking, daddy? Why are you not here with me?' I told her, 'Baby, daddy's got to work.'"

Jamie continued, saying that Britney asked him to "hurry up and get here ... because you gotta get me out of here."

Jamie said Brit asked him to bring her some vanilla ice cream.

When Jamie got to the hospital, Brit was unreceptive. "I leaned over to kiss her. She turned her head away from me. I said to her, 'I love you.' She said, 'No you don't.'"

Britney became upset, claiming "someone was lying to her" about who was keeping her at UCLA. Jamie said, "No, I'm not keeping you here." A nurse came in to tell Brit that the hospital was keeping her there, not her dad.

According to the declaration, "Britney told me that she had fired her lawyers and that she had new lawyers."

Sparticus

*********we did this to you britney*******************

April Fouels

TO ALL THAT NEED TO EDUCATE YOURSELF, DOC'S ARE RELEASED THROUGH THE (F.O.I.A.), GO LOOK IT UP, I HAVE A SHOW TO GET ON BY 11:00 P.M. E.S.T..............

Heythere

Did anyone stop to think that it might be all the drugs that have CAUSED her psychosis? I know that taking massive amounts of Xanax for any length of time (which has been reported with Britney) actually creates psychosis (and no, you don't have to be crazy or borderline-crazy for this to happen to you). At the very least, it can increase depression and anxiety. And then if it's taken away, you go into severe and life-threatening withdrawals. She could be going through that, too, if she got yanked off the Xanax too quickly by this nutbag or an uneducated doctor (of which there are many, which is incredibly frightening). Check out www.benzo.org.uk. My heart breaks for her. It's very, very sad.

Stop the Unequal Treatment

Where's Daddy's declaration? Mama's was really something!! Poor Britney...truth is stranger than fiction, huh? Wow, just...wow...

Tammara

The man is working for his own money as a chef. He is not spending his daughters money. She is very ill. Alot of people suffer from mental illness. When Britt gets better, she could be a spokes person and help other sick people get better. Love you Britt, please get well soon. If not for your kids, for yourself and your family that loves you.

someone

I feel sorry for brit, but maybe she can learn by example. Her dad probably wanted to be with her but he had an obligation to work. In the real world we all have to do things that we don't want to when they are required of us. Maybe she can be led by an example of normalcy and get well. She need to learn by example on how the real life works. Maybe if she knew this before she would have fought for her kids.

me

hang in there spears.....it may not get any easier......but this may be your only chance.....she is going to go up and down like a roller coaster for awhile till they get her chemicals back in balance.....
i know its hard to do anything for anyone who is of age untill they are almost totally gone.....so you have the rare chance....to save her....
no one in their right mind could ever believe that her loving parents who raised her....and helped her to actually become a star....is doing this out of greed.....rediculous....
hang in there.....if you can ...take that girl back home.....marry her to a country boy...that understands her, your family, and your coulture....

xanaxaddict

heythere-ur right i was actually hospitalized for a xanax induced psychosis. not fun, in fact at the time i did not even realize anything was wrong. I thought everyone else was crazy. go figure. thankfully iam drug free now. i wish brit the best. its a long road, but with the right meds its possible to live a somewhat normal life. After my hospitalization I was diagnosed bipolar. Believe me its not something someone would fake, no one would choose to live like this. I wish there was a way to help other people realize that.

just wondering

CAT....AND WE ALL KNOW BRIT NEEDS THE COULTURE...SHHHHHHHH...COULDN'T HELP IT!!..SMILE!!

arlenepr

Good that he didnt go to her at her beck and call. This man actually works for a living, he's not interested in her money, he wants his little girl well. Lynne was with her and he got there as soon as he could. But by her reaction she was clearly trying to manipulate. From one Bipolar to another, So predictable LOL!

Sasha

The dad works for a living. That's impressive. Of course I don't know the situation firsthand, but he seems like the most normal. I hope for the best for everyone concerned.

Natasha

Dont they have Ice cream in that hospital???? daddy works while his daughter makes millions every week, wow. DADDY OH DADDY COOL hahaha

TMZ is pathetic

88. The guy has trillionairre daughter. He has to work when his daughter needs her. Please Daddy it's true. Why couldn't you be with your daughter. Were you really low on cash?

Posted at 10:58PM on Feb 5th 2008 by Debz

HE HAD A PRIOR COMMITMENT TO WORK. IT'S CALLED RESPONSIBILITY & BEING AN ADULT. NEITHER BRITNEY WOULD OR COULD COMPREHEND, HE DID SHOW UP, JUST NOT AT THE EXACT MOMENT SHE DEMANDED!

deboree

hey, she is not asking for ice cream. she is asking for help. i pray she gets it this time.

house md

So for the record,she is not a manic depressive but was given drugs to make her crazy? Then she is mental either way. Wouldnt she feel wierd the day "Sam" gave her something. Anyone who STILL takes something after not feeling herself after the drug has worn off is not that smart. She has been given sooooooooo much don't let someone rob you of your HARD earned money Britney!