Brace Yourself for Jeff Conaway

2/6/2008 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Celebrity Rehab" patient Jeff Conaway -- Kenickie from "Grease" -- showed up to the Ivy yesterday looking a hot mess -- his entire chest a monstrosity of braces.

Conaway, who snapped a bone in his spine while lifting boxes last year, told TMZ he's had four back surgeries since -- and may even be going in for another. Getting hooked on the painkillers is no longer a problem for the former rehab resident ... he says his dosages are fully supervised.

Name Here

He so reminds me of Keith RIchards........

debv

I wish him lots of luck in his recovery.....He looks and sounds much better!

sheesh

He does look better. I'm afraid for him with that girlfriend. On the rehab show she wouldn't give up her pain pills for her cramps. (why don't the rest of us need pain pills for cramps?) Didn't matter that Jeff shouldn't be around them. I hope she has changed.

Stacey

He looks and sounds MUCH better than he does on Celebrity Rehab. And he's actually walking, a huge step in the right direction. Actually seeing him lucid and aware of his surroundings is a great thing.

Stay strong Jeff! Keep up the good fight!

LA

Wear is his helmet?? Naw...that's cold. Man! He is messed up!! JUST SAY NO!

Standards are badly needed.

Wow. Been there, done that. Once things start to heal, he needs to 'get thee to a good physiotherapist,' and strengthen the musculature in his spine. His whole upper body looks atrophied, and his neck looks to be pushed forward and stooped in this pic, and walking around like that causes more (the cycle of) pain. The therapist will teach/help you to strengthen your upper body until you can easily hold yourself posturally erect again, and that will lesson the pain monumentally over time. I enjoy going to the gym now and doing the resistance training; almost pain free, and I was a mess like Jeff here. Best wishes, Jeff. Build yourself back up; it's never too late to regain quality of life; so much will flow from it with time. You can work through it and be fitter than you were in your twenties, with good professional guidance. Took me 3 to 5 years total. (older.)

OMG

He looks much better than on the Rehab show. Keep strong Jeff. Pain is a bitch, I live with someone with cronic pain, it really sucks. I can see how you get hooked on pills.

TMZ is pathetic

At least he's not in that wheelchair, but why is he still with that stupid broad????!!!!!

whataworld

GO GREASED LIGHTNING

Tristania

This poor pitiful bastard. I think he needs to look into back surgery in some other country. It seems that docs in this country aren't that good at back surgery. It seems like everyone I know that has had their backs operated on are still in pain.

someday

he looks better and sounds better than i've seen in awhile.....and he seems like a pretty decent nice guy. on the show "celeb rehab" he is so wasted....but his nice guy persona is there under his distress....
i wish him the best and staying sober and healthy......you go jeff!!!

April N.

He is a talented actor, it's a shame he's in constant pain.

jafo

I loved Jeff Conaway on Babylon 5 - didn't know he had sunk to the lows of "Celebrity Rehab" since then. I wish him all the best.

j.

blt

He's never going to get completely clean as long as that drug addict girlfriend is around!!
Good Luck, Jeff!

colleen

You go Jeff! I have been watching the show and praying for you. You are a very talented actor, stay strong and we can't wait to see what great things are yet to come for yuo. Your fans support your struggle and want you to stay well

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments