Brace Yourself for Jeff Conaway

2/6/2008 2:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Celebrity Rehab" patient Jeff Conaway -- Kenickie from "Grease" -- showed up to the Ivy yesterday looking a hot mess -- his entire chest a monstrosity of braces.

Conaway, who snapped a bone in his spine while lifting boxes last year, told TMZ he's had four back surgeries since -- and may even be going in for another. Getting hooked on the painkillers is no longer a problem for the former rehab resident ... he says his dosages are fully supervised.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Kat

Being injured just like he is, my heart goes out to him. I am not addicted to the point that he is but that happens with long term pain management. It just happens. I have also had many spine operations and nothing has helped so far so you wonder just what is out there that can help folks like us. Drugs are the answer but seems everyone is scared to give you what you need so you abuse the ones that you have in order to maintain the pain. Granted, Hollywood gets anything and everything they want or need in excess, not so for us plain folks. Sometimes the pain is so bad you just want to end it all for relief but you know that you can't. Instead of laughing at him, have a little humility and pray for him. Pray for all who are injured and sick as it may happen to you someday and there you will be, remembering what you said or did to someone that wasn't well. Think about what you say or do and be kind. Pray for Jeff and send good thoughts his way and remember that someday it could be you or someone you love. I pray that never happens to you but if it does.......humility. Remember that word. Also remember KARMA because it can be a dog.

Standards are badly needed.

A Hug for Kat.

Me too, been there, done that.

Dave in Tulsa

I'm really proud of him after seeing that video. It's hard to believe that he may be the success story from Celeb. rehab, especially considering his condition when he checked in.

Canada

Get well Jeff, Canada loves you!!!

Canada

hey #71, need a fix do ya?

sarah

To comment number 50 from Seattle. Do you have any idea what you are talking about??? It makes me so mad when people like you say these ignorant and potentially damaging comments like you have a clue. Have you ever been in his shoes? Do you know him personally? I don't but I can at least appreciate the fact that obviously addiction is a very tragic and painful thing to suffer and for you to blame doctors also... I mean!!! Are you a doctor??? Who the hell are you anyway, you're obviously a very bored and bitter individual who thinks sounding uppity makes you somebody. Ooooh you got me mad.

Tony Cliftonn.

Andy says got ya back!

asche

lol. "jeff, you seem like you could be a really nice guy if it weren't for your addictions" moonstone1940, you are an idiot along with a bunch of other people in here.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6