Britney and Adnan Visit Her Lawyer

2/6/2008 10:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsFresh from a quick jaunt to the Beverly Hills Hotel, Britney and Adnan drove to the L.A. offices of lawyer Adam Streisand.

When TMZ called Streisand's office, we were directed to the marketing department. Huh?

Streisand went to court earlier this week to have Jamie and Andrew Wallet removed as her conservators, but was shut down when he couldn't prove he had been retained by Britney.

pamihami

I wouldn't let my children within 100 miles of that crazy piece of trash if i were Kevin. She's sick and in no way she should have influence over those children until she has some serious therapy. The state of California should be embarressed, I hope Kevin sues when she kills herself.

Judy 34A

my my my...what happened, last night all you idiots posting how sorry,crying,shivering and so upset for the poor poor girl, so now you all well 95% will be right back calling her names , just pathetic all the posters who felt so sorry and cried and shivered! y'all need to go and reread what you posted last night..

Kat

why the hell do you have all the footage on video of everything but this one....boy Sam must be feediing you good. Must feel wonderful to have her out. I actually liked the fox footage of the paps converging on her - you know 3 or 4 lanes making a left into one at the hotel.... hello - LAPD - K-feds lawyers - you used the paps footage to gain custody but the DA CAN'T DO anything to protect her. sorry Brit - Adnan may be your friend but not the kind of friend you need now. Anyone who is feeding you to the paps is not a friend. Loved the fact that you put your head down and weren't submitting to these shark bate feeders. Yet I can't say anything about him because it was just TMZ again telling us stuff and spoon feeding and yet it was the only story that didn't have a video to back up what they said......Brit - no one can tell you that you are not allowed to go anywhere or have to stay home but reality is you don't deserve this - hold you head up but I do have to say I think your Dad has your back maybe not the way you want but trust him with you mom that you are done' getting screwed in the press. Sam really was messing you up. Stay strong and get the right to get a break. I do believe Kevin if he was a concerned father would be by your side to assist and help you in anyway - remember "Love your children more than you hate your ex!"

from Canada

#13 Stan, I agree 100%

sls

im with #4 i dont feel sorry for her,shes right back at it again running around making a fool of her self..i say F her, and like #9 said how could they let he out? my god U.C.L.A medical center is one of the best,but they let her out and shes right back to where she was at...and is crazy.as ever,and the damn paparazzos are making fools of there selfs its just down right sickening...i say hell with britney spears...i just bet good old lutfi comes back to,i still dont belive shes out.....................

ugh

Yeah, you do that, let that creepy little pakistani man drain you for all you're worth financially. idiot.

sls

maybe her Dr. got a real good B job...

Bethany:)

I am amazed at how many of you are shaming Britney for her mental illness. People are born with these disorders--they don't ask for them. Mental instability causes foolish decisions. Do you really think that cutting her so hard is going to help her during her time of despair? I doubt you want to help her--so why do you make things harder for her? You don't have that right!
I'm guessing that she separated from her children, because she was aware of her instability and poor choices. She loves them and wants the best for them--and that means without her right now. If the boys keep a strong attachment--then it makes it harder for them to not have her in their lives on a regular basis. I am praying for you Britney. ~Bethany

Jan

She should not be allowed to be with her children until she can control her own life. She has gone from one pap to another one. If she hires the new attorney and fires her father then her parents have the right to just give up. It's heartbreaking but she is destroying her own life and paps and attorneys will make huge profits and she will probably die an early death..

just me

>She's going to try and have her father removed as Conservator. Hopefully any Judge with a half a brain will see through that and not change a thing. Adnan is working for Osama.

Posted at 9:55PM on Feb 6th 2008 by val

The judge has no choice but to terminate the conservatorship if the clinical psychiatric finding has changed and Britney is no longer "gravely disabled." The court is bound to a legal criteria established as law by the California State Legislature which is the basis for appointing a conservator for persons with a mental disorder. That criteria is not vague. The person with the mental disorder must be "gravely disabled" as defined in subparagraph (A) paragraph (1) subdivision (h) of Section 5008 of the California Probate Code, which requires a clinical psychiatric finding that the person having a mental disorder be a harm to self and unable to manage basic physical needs.

I was of the opinion that the conservatorship 'might' terminate automatically when Britney no longer meets the criteria for appointing a conservator, but that was before reading more of the probate code. The conservatorship is terminated by the probate court after hearing a petition from the conservatee or lawyer for the conservatee showing that the psychiatric finding has changed and that the person is no longer "gravely disabled," which is to say that the person is NOT a harm to self and IS unable to manage basic physical needs.

just me

Correction: "which is to say that the person is NOT a harm to self and IS unable to manage basic physical needs" should read "IS able" to manage basic physical needs.

fame ho

there is NO DOUBT that Brit will be dead soon...since such players at R.Rail and Lufti and Trope and Trope are involved....Sounds familier....ANS.....wonder if Sam has been in touch with HK$..... the most famous of the scammer and con artist and pill pushers known today...where is the black bag og HK$

me

Britney has a medical condition just like diabetes, cancer, COPD or any other examples I could give. She needs medical intervention and medication to help control her disease. The public really needs to educate themselves on mental illness, it is just like any other disease. She is a young mother that has 2 little boys that will grow up and see the way the public has scrutinized her, she at this point has very little control of her actions and needs help not judging her for something she has no control of at this point! I hope her parents keep fighting for their daughter to help her overcome this disease. I wish all involved the best of luck!

Gimme a break

Osama Lufti = svengali
Adnan = gigolo
Paps = life blood
Mom & Dad = fighting a losing battle

KB

What a couple of publicity whores!!!! I'm sure that if Britney had called the lawyers and said "Look, it is going to be nuts my first day out of the hospital with the paps following me. Is it possible that you can come to my place so we can discuss what we want to do?", I'm very certain the new lawyer would have been extremely accomodating since he is trying to get a new client.

But NOOOOOO, she has to create yet another circus!! And what a nice outfit to wear to the lawyer! She is obviously doing this for the attention.