Feds Want to Know How Heath Got His Meds

2/6/2008 5:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The feds are trying to figure out how Heath Ledger got all the prescriptions for the dangerous combination of painkillers and sedatives that led to his accidental overdose.

TV Guide reports that the Drug Enforcement Administration has launched an investigation into how Ledger got prescriptions, if in fact they were prescriptions. According to officials, the DEA has requested copies of Ledger's autopsy as well as the original police report from the crime scene. The NYC medical examiner said this morning that he found the cause of death to be a lethal array of opiates and benzodiazepines; oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine.

The NYPD has not indicated whether the bottles of medication found at Ledger's apartment, which include some of the drugs found in his body, were specifically prescribed to Ledger.

TMZ spoke to three clinical psychiatrists today, all of whom said it would be "highly unusual" and "reckless" for one physician to prescribe this combination of meds, and suggested that more than one doctor would have to have been involved, or that Ledger could have obtained them by other means.

April Fouels

IT WAS REPORTED EARLIER, THAT SOME OF THE SCRIPTS WERE AUSSIE, OR EURO, I SMELL " MULTI-JURISDICTIONAL TASK FORCE ", CALL AXEL FOLEY.

Stick

That is a lot of pills to be forcing up your rectum.

Ooooo Noooo!

I think what might be driving the Feds is the report of the OxyContin found in his system. That is only to be given to patients who have long term pain and have becoem resistant to normal narcotics like Vicodin. If there is a "doctor feel-good to the stars" the Feds can go after the doctor. There is a doctor in Florida serving a life sentence for running an OxyContin script mill.

Hexoradespam

People have been poppin this stuff in combo for as long as I've met wackos from LA.
Some do ritalin, some do zantac. I wonder if its just SO awesoome snorted.
krekkhh krunnkhh
I have little pity for those who cant handle the real world of movies.
Or is it the movie world of reality?
Or is it all just a joke of society?
When I get my million dollars for 6 weeks work I'm gonna pay off my dealer finally......

Sarah

I'm with #4 on this one. I think Mary Kate is hiding something.. They should really check into her involvement in all of this

danielle

haha some of you people are just weird. when you post things like "who cares", it's obvious you do! why else would you even care to post something or read the news. get over it!
actually i was a big fan and am very sad to know that he is gone. MK was just a neighbor people, she didn't give him the drugs or anything!!!

Stick

oxycodone not OxyContin #30, there is a difference duh.

Kelli

RoughDaddy, get that vibrator out of your mouth A**WIPE!

Here We Go Again

Ask Howard K Stern and Dr. E., they know and they wasn't even there. Remember Anna Nicole and Daniel Smith?

Boycott Canadian Seafood

Hold on people....this is going to start an overhaul of the pharmacy industry. If any doctor so much as gives you an aspirin, the feds will know about it. It will take time...but it will happen.

TMZ is pathetic

36. oxycodone not OxyContin #30, there is a difference duh.

Posted at 3:48PM on Feb 6th 2008 by Stank

OXYCODONE IS GENERIC OXYCONTIN YOU IDIOT!!!!!

duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been there, done that, thank you LORD I'm not dead

Having been in the same situation as Heath, (but thankfully not dead) any addict knows how to manipulate doctors to get exactly what they want. You don't have to be a celebrity to get the drugs you want. Doctor shopping is second only to internet shopping!!!! Addicts manipulate everyone in their lives to get their fix. When family members get fed up, the addict finds themself alone - with only their drugs as their constant companion. With his resources and connections, it was only a matter of time before this happened. Instead of walking away from him, Michelle should have orchestrated an intervention. My family did and now I'm clean for over a year and here to tell my story. No, you don't have to be a celebrity to find yourself in this chaotic lifestyle they call addiction. . .

Nick

RIP Heath, lemme clear that first, but he was a druggie, and died a druggie, how pathetic to waste his life away, over something u shoulda gone over in your late teens early 20's (or other wods college life) he was a grown ass man making grown ass decisions that caused his death...no sorrow for the young and the wasted...He had everything going for him but just couldnt pull his head outta his ass. And addictions hard, trust me i went through it, i just cant believe he couldnt...

kb

I guess no one here has ever had problems..your all just perfect. Its very likely for someone to have pain, aniexty and insomnia all at the same time. I actually have all three of those myself and its misery. It was an accident and stop calling him an addict unless you know him personally. Have some respect for the deceased.

volunteer

What a waste, but these people are adults and know this can happen. Makes you wonder--he made comments that he was fine with dying because he felt like he lived on through his daughter. She is the loser here. Anyone can get RX from more than one doctor, but it states right on the bottles you don't take more than prescribed or mix them. I think he was living on the edge....and people often fall off the edge. MKO may have thought there were illegal drugs in the apt. and wanted to be sure this was checked before the authorities arrived. We should know soon enough what whose name(s)was on the bottles. RIP Heath.