Brit's Attorney Acknowledges He Can't Rep Her

2/7/2008 4:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just received the following statement from Brit's attorney Adam Streisand:

"At the request of Britney Spears, Adam Streisand, a Partner at Loeb & Loeb LLP, met with her yesterday to discuss her legal rights in connection with the conservatorship over her person and estate. Following that meeting, Mr. Streisand learned that the court had issued orders that prevent Ms. Spears from retaining counsel of her own choosing, and on that basis, Mr.Streisand has decided he will not represent her at this time."

luvthedrama

Drucilla, he may have had her front him the money, but he still WORKS it. I agree that she shouldn't have been released from the hospital but it wasn't the psychiatrist that released her, it was someone from the courts that they had say that she isn't a harm to herself or anyone. Now that is a joke. One of these days she is gonna run over a paps body and it will be there on fault when she does.

BEAN

#28- I finally had to use a different email address. What a pain

Carnac

blah blah blah . . . a PARTNER . . .
at blah and blah . . .

Must be one hell of an attorney to figure out that that little suggestion of the Judge is a COURT ORDER !
Not even great spin for an LA attorney . . .
Now a dumbass like that makes me want to hire him . . .
hmm maybe I'll sue myself . . . .
See how long it takes him to find the code section that that can't be done - a week on that too?

OH fyi dealt with this ho before and he's never met Streisand but always mentions he's distantly related . . ...

Me

Drucilla...I so agree with you...seems basic human rights go out the window if mom and dad talk to the press enough. I can't believe this can happen in America. Funny how the parents thought she was fit enough to speak to Wasser though, but argued successfully in court that she wasn't fit enough to be speaking to lawyers. So grateful there are clever people like you out there that see what is really going on here.

tmzsucks

screw em all

A-town girl

I have to commend most of you on here....but a few of you are sick! Question? Why would you want to see anyone in the world continue to rage out of control? At first everyone was making fun of Briney asking where is her parents? Now that they have step in....you still have sicko on here asking what about her rights? She lost them a long time ago when she lost her mind. WHEN BRITNEY GET RID OF THAT STUPID PINK WIG AND FAKE ACCENT.....SHE GETS CONTROL OF HER MONEY AND LIFE BACK.....UNTIL THEN......HER PARENTS SHOULD CONTROL IT ALL!!!!!

666

DEAD YET..................ILL WAIT!!

Giggles

He sounds like a skank, too. Maybe he can represent Sam in his fight to keep her divorce attorneys?

Gimme a break

Aimers

Britt stil needs help. That's a given. And her parents are definatley doing the right things for her; howver, do they realize they are pushing her into a corner? She's looking for ways around he situation.... and they are boxing her in. I'm just really concern for her well being....

Me

I hope when Brit gets better and is allowed a lawyer to represent her interests, she sues Jamie for the money she gave him to open his restaurant. How dare he, when he can't even look after himself financially and needs handouts from his daughter, purport to be someone who could control her financial affairs?? I hope she has a caveat on the restaurant and can take it back from him. The greedy parents have moooched off her long enough and I hope a lawyer puts an end to their greedy money grubbing off their kids.

Dominique

53. I have to admit, with all the news about Britney and Lynne over the years, I always had an image of Mr. Spears being a pushover dominated by his girls, and riding on the band wagon. I am starting to see him in a different light. He seems to be disregarding all the naysayers and their claims that he just wants to take his daughter's money. The man is not ashamed to say he works for a living as a cook, and he is out there fighting tooth and nail on his daughter's behalf. Yes, I know she financed his business, but none of us know how much this man sacrificed to help his daughter be successful. You go, Mr. Spears!! Turn a deaf ear and save your baby girl!!

Posted at 3:37PM on Feb 7th 2008 by GO DAD!!!

WELLLLLLLLLLLLL SAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Mark

Wow, so sad, he will be missing out on making a few millions from her. This poor girl, wish she really had some honest lawyers and friends that really wanted to help her. Also I hope Sam goes to jail at some point for his destruction of Britney over the past months. Hum, is he a Howard Sterns in the making?

A-town girl

54 AND DRUCILLA....YOU BOTH ARE GOLD DIGGING CRACK HEADS! I GUESS YOU WILL BE HAPPY WHEN SHE IS DEAD. THEN YOU WILL BE WORRYING ABOUT THE NEXT PERSON WHO IS CRAZY NOT HAVING ENOUGH FREEDOM TO DRIVE DOWN THE FREEWAY IN ONGOING TRAFFIC TO HIT PARK CARS AND HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE! GET A LIFE! THE GIRL NEEDS HELP! I'M GLAD THE FAMILY IS HELPING!

tennishottie

Hey guys, how much do those idiot paps pay for all those cameras? Only I would ask such a question and I just thought that everytime we click into TMZ, Harvey is dong well isn't he. Where did the live stream of Britney's house go?