Brit's Family to Wasser: Come Back!!

2/7/2008 3:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned disso queen Laura Wasser paid a secret visit at the UCLA psych ward last Tuesday, and the family wants Laura back as Brit's custody attorney.

Wasser, who repped Brit in the divorce, quit the case -- we're told because Britney wouldn't listen to her. But sources say Jamie and Lynne want her back.

TMZ knows Jamie wants to 86 Trope and Trope as Brit's reps, in part because they have been chummy with Sam Lutfi. People at UCLA say Britney "lit up" when she saw Wasser. But there's a hitch -- we're told the deal will be sealed ONLY if Britney doesn't fight the conservatorship. As of Tuesday, she was fine letting Jamie call the shots, but it looks like that's changed.

If Brit accepts the conservatorship and Jamie is at the reins, Laura Wasser could be back in the Britney business.

stephanie

s-i guess.. a lot of what the parents are doing seems strange to me..

How low can you go Sam-sam did finally get her to go to her deposition.. and he got her to court, she is the one who started freaking out and left.. according to reports, it was sam who got her to go to the hospital the 2nd time..

akika666

#93, yes they listen to the dr and other involved staff, but the criteria are basically "Is this person dangerous right now?" if the patient can muster up the correct behavior and say the right things, especially to agree they need help and intensive treatment, and the staff doesn't have any RECENT evidence to counter that, then there are no LEGAL grounds to hold them against their will. Medical grounds, maybe, but that isn't sufficient to lock a person up.

In previous decades the mental health system was used to hold people for political and financial reasons, so now the pendulum favors the patient's civil rights. it's understandable when you look at it historically, but it's not always the best for the patients and family.

dmx

Yes, I called Lynne a slut and don't take it back, and yes, anybody can be a slut, but not everybody is. As for Sam, I'm not defending him. I think he ought to be arrested and sent to prison for what he allegedly did to Britney. I don't doubt that everything Lynne said about his is true, and it's amazing that the law allows him to be out on the streets. Maybe Brit's parents didnt actually file charges against him, but they ought to if they can.

Team Parents

stephanie = sam
jamie is a greedy sex addict = sam
ma & pa spears only want the money = sam

good god. you really are a piece of work. STFU and go take your restraining order like a man.

anonymous

I thought the 14 day hold was just that regardless of her behavior.

stephanie

how low can you go sam--how do you know he stole/took/was paid $60 million ? basketcase britney wasn't even at the house when the items came up missing.. she wasn't competent enough to make a complete sentence but she knew what was taken from a house she wasn't even at ? does that really make sense to you ?

too sad

1.) Her Attorney's told her she goes to the deposition or they walk away. Not Sam.
2.) He got her to go to court. Are you kidding me? This is postive? Watch the footage again and you watch the way Sam acts in the footage. Then watch it again and see Adnan and what he is doing. Sam has a smile on his face with the whole circus. He knew what happen. He set this up. The church that was classic to top it all off.
3.) Her parents were holding the intervention. Sam clearly states he knew nothing about it. He says your parents are her and she is like the are up to something. He says I won't let them do anything. She says okay baby. So she goes into treatment the 2nd time after her parents arrive but it was Sam's idea. Please tell you can do better then this.

dmx

Can't you all see? Britney is not only rich and famous, she has great political power! A 9th grade drop out who doesn't even know what "insomnia" means and who thinks wearing a pair of drugstore reading glasses makes her "look" smart, and she has the political power to coerve judges to rule in her favor. See, as it looks to me, she'd be running for president if she hadn't been so busy having a nervous breakdown.

C-1

When this lawyer was in the picture Brit did EVERYTHING to get the kids back... I hope this works

anonymous

I am not sure everything Lynn said is true...She is saying these horrible things about Sam and can even try and go to bed that night/early morning ?? I would have called the police right then and there. I believe the cell phone story somply because Brit herself said they keep taking my phones,home phone line,messing with the gate bell on her first visit with the boys yes I believe he did that I also think there are more people involved in sabotaging this woman's life. All the media yesterday now she got out of the hospital without being seen so that tells me staff at UCLA once again leaked info to the public...just my opinion on all of this.

Standing by the edge

Re: # 102 Stephanie - How do you know Sam got her to the deposition? She may have gone on her own free will and who knows what he may have said to cause her to " start freaking out". Oh, maybe something like, 'You're a whore and you don't deserve your kids' or something along those lines? And I don't buy his story that he was the one to get her to go to the hospital the 2nd time. I believe it was her psch. that spoke to her and her parents had already been planning the scenerio with the No. Hollywood police dept. That's why there were so many police and helicopters in place so quickly.
I realize that Sam is a legend in his own mind but I don't think even he could have arranged everything that took place.

Corky Gonzales

Anyone else heard the rumor about the trumpet? I was channel surfing late last night and some goombah was on talking about Brit and said that she had tried to order a trumpet from room service at the Beverly Hills Hotel while she was there. (They didn't have one right there at the moment and she declined to wait around for them to send out and get one.) I'm sure they would have fallen all over themselves to get her a shot of Thorazine instead.

Me

Stephanie = intelligent and able to think for herself and not be brainwashed by hillbilly money grabbing control freak, attention seeking parents.

akika666

#109 no, tho I haven't worked in CA, all states are slightly different, but mostly just varies in what paperwork, how many days it lasts, when a hearing must be held, how the patient petitions, etc. if CA is anything like TX, PA, NY or CT where I have worked, then the involuntary hold can be discontinued by a judge (or whatever the appropriate court officer is in that state) if the court finds the patient has improved to the point that they aren't dangerous.

I have rarely seen these involuntary holds last the whole 10 days or 14 days (or whatever it is in the state I'm working in), usually it's because the patient improves to the point that they agree to sign in as a voluntary patient. sometimes a patient just falls into that gray area where they look a little better, and wants to go. so the judge is supposed to be a neutral party.

Me

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jamie was the one who stole stuff from Brit's house. He seems incapable of making a living without her. What a pathetic parent.