Conservators to Dump Brit's Manager!

2/8/2008 10:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has confirmed that one of the things that went down in yesterday's hearing involving Britney's conversatorship is that the commissioner granted the conservators the power to fire her manager, Howard Grossman.

Court documents reveal that Commissioner Reva Goetz ordered Howard Grossman to turn over "all documents, records and assets relating to Britney Spears" to Brit's dad, Jamie, who along with attorney Andrew Wallet, is the court-appointed conservator of Brit and her estate.

Though the firing hasn't gone down yet, we're guessing the reason Brit's fam wants him out is because Grossman has a very cozy relationship with Sam Lutfi -- something that makes Brit's family very uncomfortable.

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

Me

Check over at X17; trip to dance studio,straggly,un-brushed hair,no bra,ripped fishnets,shorts & unzipped boots too small for fat legs.. How anyone could look in a mirror and think," gee,I'm HOT!" only proves severe psychological problems....sad.

Mary Kate Olsen dresses like that too and is rumored to be using drugs, and suffered mental illness, and some would say her life was very much out of control at one time when she was so thin she looked like she was going to die, but I never saw her parents jump in and try to take control of her money....in fact, I've never heard their parents say anything...and that's the way it should be...hillbilly ma & pa spears are always talking to the press about their kid...goodness, they were going to try an intervention on the Dr Phil show...No class.

So, should every woman walking out of the house each night that doesn't look nearly as good as they thought they did have control of their money taken away. I go to starbucks a few times each day, make frivolous purchases, die my hair pink...should I be locked up? What if I decide, like so many other women, that I want the freedom of a shaved head for awhile, should I be locked up, should we lock them all up, what about the people with tattoos or piercings in strange places, goths, all the deadbeat moms and dads that don't see their kids, or are behind on child support?...really, where does it end??? She can be who she wants to be, quit picking on her for stupid things, if she were anyone else, not conforming with society's expectations, she would definitely not be having this happen to her.

Me

OOOps...should have made it clear the first para in my last post was not mine...missed a bit in the cut & paste

Posted at 9:00AM on Feb 9th 2008 by copperpossum

Liz

TMZ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE SPEARS FAMILY JUST ASK THE IDIOT (MA & PA SPEARS EXPLOITS KIDS). SHE THINKS SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM....SOUNDS LIKE AN OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOR ADDICT.

britaculous

Well, if Sam's been druggin her, and this guy is close to Sam, then this really is a good thing that her parents are doing. I think they are wise to try to distance their daughter from anything to do with all the people that were close to her in the recent past, while she's been going trhough the worst of her "bad patch".
Regardless of what people think about her parents - she will come out better for it in the end.

If there's nothing wrong with her she'll get control back very soon - but I hope that whatever is being done in her interest is recognised by her and she keeps up the momentum! Having good lawyers back, a trusted manager again - that'll all help.

So many comments about her parents - but they did support her to get to her dream. She couldn't have gone through all of it since she was a young girl without their support. And if anyone should reap any benefit from her it's her parents. Yes, I agree you shouldn't take advantage of your daughter - but is that really what's happening?
SO what if she bought her moms house, and financed her dads busines.. If I had that much money, I'd do the same!!! It's unfair to assume they got all that by manipulating her. They at least are her family - look at what others have taken from her... And anyway, she probably loves them more thananyone thinks - going through so much as she has over the past couple of years, is probably what made her distance her from them the most. We tend to push those closest to us away in times like that - they tell us the truth and when we're hurting we don't want to hear the truth.............

Anyway. How long has this guy been her business manager anyway?

Nurse Mary

I want Britt to come live with me in TN, she needs a life away from all the people, cameras and parents that are sucking her dry, she needs a friend, caregiver who is going to help her not throw her under the bus every chance they get...She is surrounded by blood sucking people... Please Dad no in charge of her care between him his wife, Kevin this girl did not stand a chance

Sharon

Howard Grossman has been a respected CPA and business manager for over 30 years. Jamie Spears is a convicted felon who declared bankruptcy. Who would you rather manage your money?

Dan the man

who cares what Britney is going thru. Her decission her life, Doesn't effect me a bit Poor little rich "ah" girl Will hear about her end soon enough. Then we can build a monument for her. Get a life people, more inportant things to believe in in this world.

Sharon

Rouby

Thanks for the great info...

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22