Kat Von D -- Next Mel Gibson?

2/8/2008 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Upon being fired from "Miami Ink" last year, tattoo artist Kat Von D allegedly signed a photograph addressed to her former boss, Ami James, and drew a swastika and a flaming Star of David on it. Subtle, no?

Kat Von D
TMZ has obtained the photograph in question, a headshot of Kat that reads, "Burn in hell Jewbag." No one witnessed Kat write the message, but Chris Garver, another tattoo artist on "Miami Ink," tells TMZ Kat personally handed him the photo.

When Ami, who is Jewish, received the photo, sources tell us he went to TLC and was rebuffed. We're told after Ami had a lawyer intervene, TLC went to a handwriting analyst who concluded "there is a 99% probability that Kat Von D" wrote the message. In early July 2007, Avi's lawyer went to TLC with the analysis. They simply sent him a letter back that acknowledged receiving the results and said, "We trust that this information will be kept strictly confidential."

Kat's spinoff show, "LA Ink," premiered a month later.

When contacted about the photo, Ami told TMZ he wasn't as offended by the photo as he was by the indifference toward it, saying, "What is more devastating to me, and much more shameful is when people ignore something like this for the sake of the money or self-interest. That is the real 'punch in the gut.'"

TLC gave TMZ this statement: "A publicity photo was brought to the network's attention eight months ago that contained extraordinarily offensive language. A full investigation was immediately conducted to determine whether anyone associated with the network was involved. Kat vehemently denied authoring the text and after completing the investigation, it was determined that insufficient evidence existed to conclude that she had. Therefore, no disciplinary action was taken. The network always takes these matters seriously and follows what we believe to be an appropriate course of action as dictated by the circumstances and available information."

Kat's personal publicist issued this statement: "The recent accusation of a publicity photo of me with offensive and anti-semitic comments and graphics allegedly written by me is completely false and unfounded, and clearly a forgery. This was already proven many months ago to be 100 percent untrue. I always have been, and will continue to be an advocate for tolerance of all races, religions and ways of life."

Nikki Sixx is hot

I don't believe she did it. I have an autographed calendar I got from her, in person, and the sig doesn't look anything like that one. If she is a racist, she is the most polite & friendly racist I've ever met.

I think Ami did it. Her show is way more successful than his, and he's pissed about it.

Minniemouse111

who cares!!

steve

I new she was a phoney slut but a racist too.........i need a shower........

michelle

I think kat is awesome and watch her show often...Hail Kat...

Jhile con Chile

Envy and Jealousy......Jealousy pertains to emotional rivalry while envy is resentment of a more fortunate person. Sound familiar? We deal with every day. There are many evil people in this world and this is just an attempt to destroy another successful person.

carol

Go to hell Howard - you better fear your eternity - you will have to answer to a higher power someday and it won't be pretty.

Wyatt Kaldenberg

It's a fake. Why is the insult in one style and she signs her name in another? Who does that? She most likely signed the photo and someone else added the insults. Even the Nazi symbol was tacked on to the end of her name. It's not lined up right.

kjk

why would she write... xoxo...if this was meant to be a "mean" note.

*LAhottstuffgrrl*

DON'T THINK SHE DID IT I MEAN LOOK AT THE WRITING...IS SLOPPY COME ON SHE IS A TATTOO ARTIST ISN'T HER WRITING NICE NOT SLOPPY AND BESIDES I KNOW SHE IS OVER AMY I MEAN HER SHOW IS WAYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Try Ami

is this all just a platform to push Ami's video for Peta?

tatoo1

I believe Kat!!! I have heard her speak about people and she does not have hatred toward anyone even an Ass like Ami
also.
I have a tatoo myself and I am jewish and before i got it i looked into talmud law...it is not against it. I even spoke to a orthodox rabbi about it.

Ramanda

She didn't write it you idiots! There was a whole investigation about it. It was some crazed person that got a hold of those pictures and sent them out with hateful things on them. If you have myspace, check out her page. She wrote a bulletin explaining the whole thing yesterday. ROCK ON KAT WE LOVE YOU! p.s. She is STILL with ORBI

OH PLEASE

Before you try to tell someone they shouldn't be " here in the states" maybe you should learn how to write English. See my ignorant friend you don't "here that here in the states" it's "hear that here in the states" Maybe you are the one how should not be HERE in the states. So why don't you go back to where you came from because Indians were here first. In case you were wondering, no I'm not Indian or Latin or anyone else you mentioned, I'm just not ignorant like you.

F.Y.I. Kat Von D loves Mexico, hence the belt she wears.

Posted at 2:52AM on Feb 9th 2008 by Repulsed

OH I APOLOGIZE FOR THE MISTYPE...THAT'S WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU TYPE FAST. I DO NOT READ THESE COMMENTS TO SEE WHO MISPELLED WHAT. I'M NOT IGNORANT...IT'S THE TRUTH. KAT MAY LIKE MEXICO B/C SHE WAS BORN THERE BUT THAT IS SIMILAR TO MANY FOREIGNERS WHO LOVE AMERICA.

SO SHUT IT! SHE'S 100% WHITE EUROPEAN! THE LATINO THING IS JUST RIDICULOUS....AGAIN, THE LATIN LANGUAGE WAS SPOKEN BY THE ROMANS. SORRY, NAST MESTIZO'S YOU ARE BARELY EUROPEAN! QUIT CALLING YOURSELF LATINO- YOU'RE MORE INDIAN AND DEFINITELY LOOK IT,

Lelo

It's a free country...she can write whatever she wants

kinkerbellz

Oh please!!Even if Kat did do it I would say it's well deserved!!!Ami is nothing more than a stuck up little boy playing man,I have never cared for him and would NEVER let him tat me,him and his pathetic understudy Chris realize Kat is far better and more famous than they will ever be and are just trying to her show off the air.Ya don't see a ton of celebs at his shop anymore do you?I think NOT!

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments