Kat Von D -- Next Mel Gibson?

2/8/2008 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Upon being fired from "Miami Ink" last year, tattoo artist Kat Von D allegedly signed a photograph addressed to her former boss, Ami James, and drew a swastika and a flaming Star of David on it. Subtle, no?

Kat Von D
TMZ has obtained the photograph in question, a headshot of Kat that reads, "Burn in hell Jewbag." No one witnessed Kat write the message, but Chris Garver, another tattoo artist on "Miami Ink," tells TMZ Kat personally handed him the photo.

When Ami, who is Jewish, received the photo, sources tell us he went to TLC and was rebuffed. We're told after Ami had a lawyer intervene, TLC went to a handwriting analyst who concluded "there is a 99% probability that Kat Von D" wrote the message. In early July 2007, Avi's lawyer went to TLC with the analysis. They simply sent him a letter back that acknowledged receiving the results and said, "We trust that this information will be kept strictly confidential."

Kat's spinoff show, "LA Ink," premiered a month later.

When contacted about the photo, Ami told TMZ he wasn't as offended by the photo as he was by the indifference toward it, saying, "What is more devastating to me, and much more shameful is when people ignore something like this for the sake of the money or self-interest. That is the real 'punch in the gut.'"

TLC gave TMZ this statement: "A publicity photo was brought to the network's attention eight months ago that contained extraordinarily offensive language. A full investigation was immediately conducted to determine whether anyone associated with the network was involved. Kat vehemently denied authoring the text and after completing the investigation, it was determined that insufficient evidence existed to conclude that she had. Therefore, no disciplinary action was taken. The network always takes these matters seriously and follows what we believe to be an appropriate course of action as dictated by the circumstances and available information."

Kat's personal publicist issued this statement: "The recent accusation of a publicity photo of me with offensive and anti-semitic comments and graphics allegedly written by me is completely false and unfounded, and clearly a forgery. This was already proven many months ago to be 100 percent untrue. I always have been, and will continue to be an advocate for tolerance of all races, religions and ways of life."

chris from vancouverBC

good for you kat!!

i support you 100% and would give you my business any day.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH BITCHES!!!!

brian

I love her.

"Do you love it?"

Hmmm, seems to me that she's a lying sack of S*** since a hand writing analyst said with 99% Probability she had wrote! She is nothing more than ego maniacal freak to begin with! If you have ever watched her show, she is so into herself it's unreal. After every single time she gets done doing a Tat on someone, she always has to have her ego validated by making the comment " Do you love it?" That;s the main reason i absolutely despise that show now, is because of her!

"Don't you just love it" "HELL NO IT SUCKS!"

J.Son

Kat Von D = Ms Hitler!

Mrs. Goodwench

Kats already lost much respect among the tattoo industry. Seeing photos on the net of her tattooing in hotel rooms with no gloves on and watching all the unclean, unsafe practices she gets away with on her show is sickening enough. Its no surprise she has managed to poop on her celebrity status as well. I'm more interested in the results of a hepatitis test than her handwriting analysis.

Bob

TLC will not do a damn thing until her ratings go down. She'll be used up and worthless inside of 18 months.

Erica

Yeah, like if the guy was so offended by this it takes a year to get publicized. I am not buying it. You'd have to be a complete braindead idiot to buy this story lock - stock - and barrel. "it was determined that insufficient evidence existed to conclude that she had" What broadcasting company with legal teams in place, would not have investigated this situation? Come to think of it, what entertainment industry lawyer is not Jewish??????? Nope not buying this, unless there was 100% unbiased handwriting analyst involved and lie detectors on both of them.

kevin

Kat = HITLER

She must be friends with Mel Gibson. Stupid idiot.

Kimberly Graham

I have a couple of things sighned by Kat and that looks nothing like her hand writeing!!

walter

Re 547 HEY TINK,
She never said anything negative against anyone right? Read her my space blog she bags Ami and i Quote"I worked at Miami Ink for quite some time, before friction began between Ami (the owner) and I started, all of which was fueled by insecurity, jealousy, and lack of work ethic, ALL ON HIS PART."She a real nice person isn't she? Shes a Racist cow! I sent a email to the discovery channel asking for her show to be removed. She makes me sick. If people agreed with me send a email to the discovery channel and get this tramp off the air.

kittenmonkeychicken

ok all the guys in the shop (with the execption of ami, in his defence he has mentioned again and again on his show that he sucks at lettering and has had garver help/do sketches for him) are good if not great artists and i am sure that anyone of them could copy someone elses handwriting and signature. and it just seems weird that this only surfaces after kats show is kicking there asses! and sorry what does her love life or how she looks have to do with anything! i know plenty of clean cut professional types that are very racist and slutty and do unethical things! so that has nothing to with anything, other than show how unintelligent some people are and can be. also saying those things is prejudice and what is racism but a more specific prejudice.

henry

Allah will slap em both upside the head.

KatVonD4ever!

I'm not a big fan of tattoos, but I like Kat alot. Free speech is for everyone......best of luck in your career Kat, I'm on your side, you were harrassed by those idiots!

Erica

And the lynch mob is out. Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion with little to no actual evidence.
TLC would have slapped her with lawsuits from here til eternity if the evidence was real.
Give me a break, I don't even Like Kat and I feel the need to defend her.
Simply gross.
Too many other people could have done this - including Ami or one of his staff as well.

inklover

I just wanted to say that it's really sad that fans and viewers are being lied to about Kat Von D. She is a pathological liar and a racist. Notice that she has not addressed this issue by saying anything herself and only through spokesmen for her. This is because she is a liar and she knows it. Shame on you!

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments