Kat Von D -- Next Mel Gibson?

2/8/2008 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Upon being fired from "Miami Ink" last year, tattoo artist Kat Von D allegedly signed a photograph addressed to her former boss, Ami James, and drew a swastika and a flaming Star of David on it. Subtle, no?

Kat Von D
TMZ has obtained the photograph in question, a headshot of Kat that reads, "Burn in hell Jewbag." No one witnessed Kat write the message, but Chris Garver, another tattoo artist on "Miami Ink," tells TMZ Kat personally handed him the photo.

When Ami, who is Jewish, received the photo, sources tell us he went to TLC and was rebuffed. We're told after Ami had a lawyer intervene, TLC went to a handwriting analyst who concluded "there is a 99% probability that Kat Von D" wrote the message. In early July 2007, Avi's lawyer went to TLC with the analysis. They simply sent him a letter back that acknowledged receiving the results and said, "We trust that this information will be kept strictly confidential."

Kat's spinoff show, "LA Ink," premiered a month later.

When contacted about the photo, Ami told TMZ he wasn't as offended by the photo as he was by the indifference toward it, saying, "What is more devastating to me, and much more shameful is when people ignore something like this for the sake of the money or self-interest. That is the real 'punch in the gut.'"

TLC gave TMZ this statement: "A publicity photo was brought to the network's attention eight months ago that contained extraordinarily offensive language. A full investigation was immediately conducted to determine whether anyone associated with the network was involved. Kat vehemently denied authoring the text and after completing the investigation, it was determined that insufficient evidence existed to conclude that she had. Therefore, no disciplinary action was taken. The network always takes these matters seriously and follows what we believe to be an appropriate course of action as dictated by the circumstances and available information."

Kat's personal publicist issued this statement: "The recent accusation of a publicity photo of me with offensive and anti-semitic comments and graphics allegedly written by me is completely false and unfounded, and clearly a forgery. This was already proven many months ago to be 100 percent untrue. I always have been, and will continue to be an advocate for tolerance of all races, religions and ways of life."

Abe

Sbmt2no1 Right on!
As a Jew I have grown up with hate based on ignorance, and those who would re-write us out of history. It's no surprise this ignorant bitch hates us! We are and have always been the worlds most hated people in the world and made too be scapegoats for all the worlds ills, when all we want is the freedom to practice our religion.
One Jewish state surrounded by those who seek the destruction of Israel and the murder of all Jews and Christians, 23 islamic states in the middle east and FIFTY-SEVEN ISLAMC STATES where it is illegal to be a Jew or a Christian.
Where 75% of females in prison are there for the crime of being rapped, where adultery, conversion to Christianity, or being a Christian or a Jew is punishable by death!

mmmmmm hmmmmm

umm, yeah i know from personal experience she is nowhere even close to nice like she is on the show she bit off AMI, DAREN and the boys...kvd is very arrogant and conceited and in general not a nice person.

April Fouels

I HAVE AN IDEA, HOLD HER DOWN AND TATOO AN INTERNMENT CAMP NUMBER ON HER FOREARM.

annoyed

Why in the world would this woman ( and I have no clue who she is supposed to be) write such a deliberately offensive statement? The comparison to Mel Gibson doesnt wash though, There is a difference between making remarks that are offensive when you are under the influence of alcohol, and writing something like this on a photo. I am not condoning what Mel said, and I do believe he was wrong for saying it, but this is not the same thing. Whoever this girl is, she is wrong too and should apologize and let it drop. End of story.

Ummmhmmm

16. I would think a tatoo artist would know that the swatstika on the photograph is backwards.

Posted at 4:49PM on Feb 8th 2008 by bill m.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow ,lol I hadn't even noticed that !Being backwards ,is that not a native american good luck symbol then ?Atleast thats what a friend of mine (who is native American...)once told me !

Reality

I love a Kat fight, meeeeeoooowwww

kim

Unless someone actually saw her write it, I dont see how anyone can assume she wrote it. Ami hated her and didnt want her to succeed so he could have done this in purpose to make her look terrible. Its just to hard to say if she did or didnt without anyone actually seeing her do it. The only damning thing is Chris was her only friend at Miami Ink so if he says she handed him the photo? that kind of leads me to believe she did write it - but no one can say for sure.

azh01e

Kat... You're an idiot, you do great portraits, but you are an idiot.

MEE

I knew there was a reason I never liked her... I love Ami.. and I don't he would be petty enough to forge it himself to make her look bad... sounds too childish.. she probably did it... and didn't think it was a big deal... but of course now she denies it.

Jess

Kat Von D LA St inks will never be watched by me again.
It does look like all that hatred stuff was added on by another.
After the autograph.
She still hand delivered the garbage, So she approved.
Shame on the illegal alien Kat !

roxtar1

Funny,if it was an anti-Scientology statement,TMZ would've made all kinds of jokes......

annoyed

"37. Sbmt2no1 Right on!
As a Jew I have grown up with hate based on ignorance, and those who would re-write us out of history. It's no surprise this ignorant bitch hates us! "

Way to take the high road and set the right example. Name calling always works to end the hate. Nice job.

bigjew

She says xoxo...hugs and kisses!!! He can't take a joke....he is a jewbag

nvgalforu

I will NOT be watching Kat Van BITCHES show ever again. She is a anti-semitic bitch who doesn't deserve to have her own show. Its really sad that in 2008 there are still people out there that think they can just do or say anything they want and get a slap on the wrist. She should be given the same treatment that Dog The Bounty Hunter did. Her show should be pulled off the air.

John Stone

Yet another no talent looking to make a noise.