Kat Von D -- Next Mel Gibson?

2/8/2008 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Upon being fired from "Miami Ink" last year, tattoo artist Kat Von D allegedly signed a photograph addressed to her former boss, Ami James, and drew a swastika and a flaming Star of David on it. Subtle, no?

Kat Von D
TMZ has obtained the photograph in question, a headshot of Kat that reads, "Burn in hell Jewbag." No one witnessed Kat write the message, but Chris Garver, another tattoo artist on "Miami Ink," tells TMZ Kat personally handed him the photo.

When Ami, who is Jewish, received the photo, sources tell us he went to TLC and was rebuffed. We're told after Ami had a lawyer intervene, TLC went to a handwriting analyst who concluded "there is a 99% probability that Kat Von D" wrote the message. In early July 2007, Avi's lawyer went to TLC with the analysis. They simply sent him a letter back that acknowledged receiving the results and said, "We trust that this information will be kept strictly confidential."

Kat's spinoff show, "LA Ink," premiered a month later.

When contacted about the photo, Ami told TMZ he wasn't as offended by the photo as he was by the indifference toward it, saying, "What is more devastating to me, and much more shameful is when people ignore something like this for the sake of the money or self-interest. That is the real 'punch in the gut.'"

TLC gave TMZ this statement: "A publicity photo was brought to the network's attention eight months ago that contained extraordinarily offensive language. A full investigation was immediately conducted to determine whether anyone associated with the network was involved. Kat vehemently denied authoring the text and after completing the investigation, it was determined that insufficient evidence existed to conclude that she had. Therefore, no disciplinary action was taken. The network always takes these matters seriously and follows what we believe to be an appropriate course of action as dictated by the circumstances and available information."

Kat's personal publicist issued this statement: "The recent accusation of a publicity photo of me with offensive and anti-semitic comments and graphics allegedly written by me is completely false and unfounded, and clearly a forgery. This was already proven many months ago to be 100 percent untrue. I always have been, and will continue to be an advocate for tolerance of all races, religions and ways of life."

Sam

Her folks are from Argentina, and they are known to hate the Jews there. Most people don't know it but a lot of Latinos hate the Jews, and in Argentina they even have Neo-Nazi organizations. Obviously nobody will man up and do anything about it, besides post on TMZ. Not watching her show won't do anything, but by sending letters, a person can put a stop to it.

Yeah Right

TMZ - you are the ones constantly putting down various types of people given religion, background, ethnicity, habits... Why do you only come down hard when ANTI-SEMETIC comments are made. Hope it doesn't have to do with the fact that Harvey is Jewish... That hypocrisy will seriously turn me off to TMZ... Hope its not true! :(

Katie

I can't help it - I just chuckled at this. I hate anti-semites, but JEWBAG? That is pretty funny. LOL!

Oscar in Miami Beach

The b**ch did it. She is really impossible. She's the most concided person you can ever meet. As a tattooist (not a tatttoo artist because she is not) she is awful. She can't do animals or scenes or a lot of other stuff. I live two blocks from the shop in Miami Beach and the fights between her and all the other members were Worlde Wars, even spilling unto the sidewalk. Saw it with my own eyes. She is the most rude and foul mouth person you can encountered. I have no idea why TLC gave her a program. It bombed as it should have done. I saw part of the first episode and it was AWFUL. Not that Miami Ink is any better but the guys are at least personable.

G-Spot

This is such obvious BS, give me a break. I'm a BIG GAY JEW and I work at Kat's shop. Don't believe any gossip nonesense that you read or see on TV.
G

who dat

Kat is a skuzzy ho. The fact a ho tat artist has attained this popularity indicates the average IQ has severely dropped in this country.

LoneWolf69

*Loves tats!!*, YOU ROCK!!!

Party 'till you die!

Chris Gaver was a pretty straight up dude on that show. If he said it, I would totally believe it's true! And to all you brainiacs out there, why would you hand a picture saying such things that had a 'forged' signature of your name on it? Kat von Douchebag is a stupid druggie always talked crap about Ami James long after she left! Symbols are powerful as any tattooist would know, so drawing something like that was dead on serious1 Too bad, now I will only watch Miami Ink and the less exciting London Ink! Maybe von Douchebag can find niche work giving tats to anti-semitic Mexican ex-cons! Her mom is Mexican and she was born in Monterrey Mexico BTW! Zieg Hola! Zieg Hola! Zieg Hola!!!

nameless

Ami is just a little whiny punk because no one is watching his show now. Hmm...watch a bunch of loser guys, or some hot girls who can tat just as good.

Ami says it didn't bother him, but he's trying to bring Kat down with it....RIGGHT Ami. What a loser.

Ami, you are a LOSER with a LOSER show.

G-Spot

G

Nancy

I really liked her, but she is obviously lying, and all TLC cares about are ratings. Shame on you Kat!

Sam

Dog gave up, and he showed to be a loser and a wuss for letting the man keep him down. There is nothing wrong with calling a black person a Black, and a Jew a Jew. People love to sue, and get bent out of shape when someone calls them something that offends them. What is funny is, we will most likely have a Black president, and will have to deal with it.

joan

What would you expect from a tattoo artist? That's about the lowest of the low.

Maybe she and Mel Gibson should get it on.

judi

HEY CHAS................SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..JERK

kml

I think its all a publicity ploy because Miami Ink is not as popular. If Kat Von D really did sign that, I think the flames and the "star of david" would've looked a little nicer rather than looking like a 5th grader did it. Seems suspect to this guy.