Yoko to Rocker -- Ono You Can't Use Your Name!

2/11/2008 3:36 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A hard-working heavy-metal-rocker is in danger of losing her musical identity -- all because Yoko Ono wants to bring a silver hammer down on her for using the name Lennon.
Click to launch!
Lennon Murphy, a singer-songwriter whose band is called Lennon, has been sued by Yoko for "tarnishment" of her widow's name and for "fraudulently" registering the name as a trademark.

Ono, claims in court papers that Murphy is (intentionally) exploiting the name and confusing people by using it -- and wants her trademark canceled.

Murphy shoots back on her MySpace page that Yoko and her lawyer were asked back in 2000 about using the name for her debut CD on Arista Records, and they didn't object. Lennon (the band) has since been dropped by Arista, but continues to record. "If Yoko prevails," writes Lennon Murphy, "Lennon might never be able to tour or release records using the name Lennon."

Kat

She can't trademark just the name Lennon, but maybe "John Lennon". There are plenty of people around the world named Lennon. She will have to sue them to change their last names. She is a selfish idiot.

666

GODDAMNIT HIPPY!!!

Chris

Yoko...just because YOU don't use your late husband's name doesn't mean that no one else can use it. Especially if that's actually THEIR NAME! Dumb ass bitch!

Viv

Oh Monica shut up. It's just a name. He wasn't the only person named Lennon

666

Stupid Asian DONGER!

Renay

Wasnt John all about love and peace? Didnt he love making music?? I think he would be pretty disgusted with his ex-wife right now. Who cares if this person is using the name Lennon. Honestly. Yoko has some issues.

Kat

Ono should trademark "John Lennon". She won't win with it being just "Lennon" because that is a pretty common last name. Impossible.

666

monica.bite me!

666

f*ckhead Donger!

kim suck

too bad Yoko wasn't shot instead of john--SHE HAS NO TALENT!!!! JAP WHORE!

Kat

Oko should sue the Lennon Sisters too! They were around before John, so should they give back their names too???

Cynic

If the guy's name is really Lennon, she has no case. Where does she get off thinking she can copyright a given name? Yoko needs a major reality check! Ooh, what if I name my kid Yoko and it decides to name a band after itself??? I think I'll get knocked up and name the baby Yoko, just for fun!

Moose

Oh, please. IMO, her contributions to Double Fantasy ruined the record. She really needs to mind her own business. IMO, she did more to ruin Lennon's name than anything else. I have no problem with what Murphy is doing.

curiosity kills

This is such crap...everyone know that John Lennon is dead...so its not like anyone is going to go "oh my god he is alive, he is alive" and run out and buy this musicians album cuz they think it s John Lennon. GET A LIFE YOKO AND STOP TARNISHING YOUR HUSBANDS NAME!!! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO HIS LEGACY!

kim suck

12. When you hear the name, Lennon, you picture John. I think she makes sense that it would cause some confusion. When I heard that the band was named, Lennon, I thought that they were doing Beatles songs or were a tribute band. I think they should change their name and eliminate the confusion and show respect for one of the greatest band members to ever live.

Posted at 2:17PM on Feb 11th 2008 by Monica
Monica!?!!? you are a IDIOT~!!!!!! shut up you bitch!! there are more than one Lennon