You Take the Good, You Take the Bad

2/13/2008 2:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 81-year-old grandmother of two resurfaced at a hospital parking lot in West Hollywood last week, looking pleasant.
Charlotte Rae
To bolster ratings in 1985, producers had Mrs. Garrett's bakery, Edna's Edibles, destroyed and replaced by the Over Our Heads gift shop. Rae left the series the following year.

Charlotte's mother was a childhood friend of late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir.

Gernand

She always annoyed the hell out of me.

Cauktxil

Such a good hearted woman on film and probably in real life, too. Bless her heart. she looks wonderful now. We miss you Charlotte - thank goodness for syndication.

jema

Car 54 (moms era), different strokes and facts of life (sisters era) sisters (my era0 she has been around forever and has led a *good* non tmz fodder life-respect. She looks great.

Christine

I think she looks fantastic. I used to love watching The Facts of Life and I wanted her for my grandmother. I still want her for a grandmother.

Kathy

ANASTASIA..........My first good laugh of the day. Very Funny.

brylyntmneac

She looks like the grandma you want to hug and take out for tea; and I love how she accessorized the t-shirt w/the color-coordinated scarf. She was a great comedic actress, lending her talent to many roles One of the legends for sure!!!

pinktacoeater

she looks old, wheres that tastey NATALIE, i wanna lick her

Christopher

Good grief, first Susan Lucci and now Charlotte. We are all going to age, so why the age bashing? I think both women look great for their age, and I don't care if people have had fillings of chemicals in their teeth or their face. I don't care if people have had dental work or facial work done on them. It's their business, and I don't want to see a world of toothless people going around, do you? My hat is off to people who keep themselves looking good. I hate to think that when I am 61 or 81 a bunch of people will decide to start judging me sexually and cosmetically, and totally forget what achievements I've done with my life.

ILUVMYVOLVO

She's stylin. Not bad for 81. Cute hair.

cindy

i am glad that he is doing fine. she looks great.

annie onomos

WOW!! Age-appropriate!! She looks sweet, healthy, could be 71-85..........THANK GOD she isn't stuffed into blue jeans with stilettos, or whatever.

James

I remember me and my friend (who also wanted to build our own Edna's Edibles) were mad as hell when Mrs. Garrett left. I even had a long-standing grudge against Cloris Leachman for it. Fortunately I've come to like her as Phyllis on The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

The bastard son of Chaka Khan

Her Britney Spears like "flash of the beaver" to the camera seemed unnecessary. She should be more lady like!

What you talkin' bout, Willis?

Max's_mom

It's nice to see Mrs. Garret is doing well in her eighty. God Bless, we should all be so lucky

matt Dee

we love ya baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look great!!!!!!!!!!!! better looking than today's young bozo drug addicts!!!!!!!!!!!!!