You Take the Good, You Take the Bad

2/13/2008 2:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 81-year-old grandmother of two resurfaced at a hospital parking lot in West Hollywood last week, looking pleasant.
Charlotte Rae
To bolster ratings in 1985, producers had Mrs. Garrett's bakery, Edna's Edibles, destroyed and replaced by the Over Our Heads gift shop. Rae left the series the following year.

Charlotte's mother was a childhood friend of late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir.

metal153

ROCK ON MRS GARRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy

Great lady....bless her.

P.Joseph Walsh

A beautiful lady that has aged the way god intended. You Go! She looks great and I love the way she is holding her sunglasses. I always thought she was a genuine woman when the show still aired and now I am sure.

tink

good for her....she looks great....nice to see shes stilling kicking about...

CATTYBLOND

CHARLOTE RAE LOOKS PRETTY GOOD FOR 81 YEARS OLD. SHE IS WALKING AND GETTING AROUND . WHAT'S MORE TO ASK FOR?
YAY RAH FOR HER.

60over

Yes I remember that show and enjoyed it very much...she still looks wonderful

ANDREW L, El Paso, TX

Giiiirls Giiiiiirls Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirls!

mediaexpert

I thought she was hysterical in Car 54 where are you? The scene where she has to do a job for the Police and she takes the mission as if a secret agent is wonderful. What ever happened to her?

bootleg

Mrs G rocks! Shes also in the SCISSOR SISTERS video for FILTHY/GORGEOUS!!!

Diana

***#7/Just the facts --- I am sorry to hear that you have terminal cancer :-(
It is truly a shame that many people complain about growing old.
Bless your heart... -xo-

frank

good for her. Hope she's happy

anniebanannie

Charlotte-- you look great! I am another with terminal cancer and I am so sad that I won't get old!

Dee

She was great! I loved that show. Glad to see she's still going strong.

David

I think Charlotte Rae looks fantastic! I don't understand when these "Hollywood trashmags" pass judgement on these people by saying things like. "Look at them now." How would you like some camera to follow you around all day? To the mailbox for your morning paper? To the Doctor when you feel sick? To the Pharmacy to pick up a prescription for your young child? Do you people who write this stuff look fantastic all the time? DOUBTFUL. You are made out of the same stuff as the rest of us. I think Ms. Rae is a class act and looks fantastic. Kudos to her for not running off to the plastic surgeon and getting results that would scare everyone. She's just being real folks. You ought to try it sometime!

GILF lover

Her character sometimes expressed comioally on the show her desire for John Travolta, obviously playing off Travolta's celebrated relationships with women in that age demographic. It had been forbidden on TV for a 50-year-old woman to lust openly after a 22-year-old boy, even fictitiously toward an unseen icon of the '70s as John was. To this then-adolescent male, however, it was a revelation to know that older women could be capable of having such fantasies or attraction for younger men. It was a turn-on! Now I find her a hotter GILF than ever!! We'd teach one another a few things about the facts of life! ;-p