Lee Meriwether

as Catwoman

'Memba Her?!

2/14/2008 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just like Halle Berry, Michelle Pfeiffer, Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether pawed her way into a spandex suit to play Catwoman in the 1966 film,"Batman." Guess what she looks like now!

Lee Meriwether as Catwoman

tmz fan

that's a great photq! she was quite meow-mix a-licous back in the day and still looking pretty good.

Madeline

I remember her. She looks good

yonkers new york

AHHH... BRINGS BACK FOND MEMORIES OF WHEN I WAS ABOUT 10 WATCHING BATMAN AND SPENDING AN EXTRA LONG TIME IN THE BATHROOM, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ;)

Kait

I love this feature! It's hard work to age well, and it's nice to see the people who are doing it right.

Jon

The Catwon photo is Not Lee Meriweather, it's Julie Newmar!!!

wendy

Lee Meriweather is my favorite Miss America. She has always exhibited class and charm. I met her once. She was an absolute delight and so gracious. A real lady.

Indignant

TMZ, THANK YOU for being so consistently kind and gracious in your comments on these "'Memba her"s. Classy.

GA

She really is a beauty, even now! Wow! And to think those who have met her in person think she is even more lovely because of her inner beauty.
Yes, how nice to see a woman who has not altered herself to look like something from another planet. Though, if she wanted to do something small, that still kept her the real her, no one would mind, as long as she did it for herself and no one else. That it made her feel better about herself.
One day everyone will be so plastic we won't know what being human, aging, is all about and the few who do let nature take it's course will be the anomaly.

Maria Conchita Alonzo Carmilla Sanchez Perez Lopez de la Castillio

And your point was? All Growed Old?

Maria Conchita Alonzo Carmilla Sanchez Perez Lopez de la Castillio

Lenn K. please post your mailing address so that I may send you $ for new glasses.

Diggem the Frog

Personally, my favorite Catwoman has always been Julie Newmar. It might have been Lee Meriwether, I suppose, if she'd played the role for more than one movie, but that's not long enough to judge her performance. Actually, her acting in the movie was quite a bit campy, but maybe she was trying to fit the movie's tone. Apparently the producers didn't see it that way, or they would have recast her for the show.

On the other hand, I liked Meriwether much more than Eartha Kitt. I know, I know: It's fitting that the Catwoman should be black, and the name Eartha Kitt certainly didn't hurt, but she came across as a genuine bitch, whereas Newmar and Meriwether came across as merely neurotic, Pfeiffer and Berry as emotionally scarred. Above all, the Catwoman is supposed to be sexy, and bitchiness isn't sexy.

By the way, those of you who still have sexual fantasies about the Catwoman -- like me! -- might want to look for the original "Avengers" BBC TV series, which is available on video in some stores. It had at least three leading ladies in succession, but Diana Rigg takes the crown as Emma Peel, who also wore catsuits and heels occasionally. (She didn't carry a whip, though.)

Chiefly Grandbaby

I Love You Cat Woman! See You on Capitol Hill sister.

SLOBER PUSS

I"D DO HERE......................and I'm FOURTEEN!

SLOBER PUSS

*HER

Daniel L.Phillps

I was twenty years old. I was headed by vehicle east bound on route #30 from Lancaster Pa. I saw a weird looking car parked at what was then a service station. I got out and looked. It was the original Bat mobile. Bat women was there signing autographs. I got hers that day. I googled to find that who bought the car has owned it these past thirty years or so. I never realized it was lee meriweather. I shook her hand and asked if this was the real car? She said yes. I always had my choice some ten years earlier during my youngster years. Gothem City or Cub scouts. Daniel L.Phillips/thestonemarvels

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments