Montel Staffer Sues -- I Can Handle the Pressure!

2/14/2008 12:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A former producer for the "Montel Williams" show says she was fired from her $110,000 a year job after suffering a brain aneurysm ... and she's suing mad!
Read the lawsuit against Montel Williams
Erin Primmer began working for Williams in August 2005. On March 29, 2007 she collapsed on the set after suffering the aneurysm and was rushed to a hospital. The following month, she was cleared by her doctor to go back to work with no restrictions. That's when she alleges the executive producer told her the show was not going to renew her contract, telling her, "CBS needed someone capable of handling the pressure, and that the coming year was going to be worse." Primmer says that is "a clear violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York State and New York City law" and has filed suit.

A call to CBS was not immediately returned.

Sparticus

Gawd, come on dude. Bad typing & spelling. An extra letter, due to a 80wpm typing speed, you wished you had. All of your kids must have very low self esteem. When you point out a small obvious (that's meaningless) ,you make yourself look like a pinhead.

jen83

Eddie, I don't think the poster 'labor board' was even responding to you. More like responding to everyone else reiterating what you just said about how she wasn't fired.

Sparticus

Thank you jen83! Thanks for being intelligent that you were able to pick that up right away! Most in here aren't!

Mama Says

Kinda sucks, but a contract is for a specified length of time, and it is up to the hiring party as to whether they want to renew that contract. It's possible she wasn't great at her job prior to her illness, and her contract might not have been renewed anyway.

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

jen83
labor board #26 was a direct response to eddie#21,at least thats how it appeared to me,called him a idiot and quoted his post.pretty responsive i would say,but then again i am on the tmz blog,some would think i am not that intelligent

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

atticus{to kill a mockingbird}finch
does it make a diference that they gave a reason that is not a legal reason for not renewing the contract.i would think they should have just gave no reason and not renewed it,but they said it was because she could no longer handle the pressure,i think they should have said nothing at all or just told her sorry we are being cancelled therefore we will not be renewing your contract.i think they got themselves in trouble,what do you think

I love Tupac

I stopped liking Montell when his wife accused him of cheating. But you look at his shows and see how bad he treats cheaters on his show. He's a hypocrite just like Judge Judy!!!!

jema

They dont owe her a new contract just because she blew a gasket in her head, they could just as well have not renewed her contract because she sucked previous to the ruptured gasket and couldnt handle said pressure then. She is taking advantage of her gasket to ooze some extra cash out of a contract that was up anyway. So, my opinion, is she is USING the disabilities act in an unfair way to stick it to CBS which in the end will cause more people with true disabilities less likely to find jobs out of fear of frivilous lawsuits.

Sparticus

I really wish "the montel Williams show" would not get renewed. what garbage!

Eddie the Gawd

Eddie, Sorry about my rude and stupid comments toward you. I have not had my medication today. Please forgive me.

labor board

Eddie the Gawd

jen83 you just agreed with me to get into my pants right? You sound like the type who spends a lot of time on her knees.

linda

and what about sylvia browne.foe rating,that all he cares about.i hope she sues that pants off of him,i did`tn know it was being cancelled.

patty

If this story is true, then they should fire Montel's a.. as he has a degenerative health problem/Parkinson's I believe..so what makes him more capable of handling the stress of the show than the person who had the anurism??? In all fairness, there may be more to the story of the firing..

Terese

This is me then: 21, vibrant, energy, type A, too-hot-for-you

then MS

agency demoted me, got a lawyer, $, lost "friends"

married my best friend, then two great kids, then cancer, then not.

this is me now: 31, still MS, married, two great kids, writing for passion and money (!)

(maybe not as hot-as-i-thought; but still standing)

MS is just a thing that happens - i try to ward it off, but mostly just to live and read and think and listen and talk and write....

fha secure rates

montel is mad because his show got cut!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments