Naked Cowboy to M&Ms

Bite Me!

2/14/2008 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Naked Cowboy -- yeah, that guy from Times Square -- is suing Mars, Inc. for using his trademark tighty-whities and guitar on a dancing M&M, and he tells TMZ that the company offered him $50,000 to shut up. But he sure as hell doesn't plan to.

The nearly naked guy -- real name, Robert Burck -- wants around $6 million from Mars, according to papers filed in Federal Court in New York. And, as he told us yesterday, he intends to wear his minimalist getup in open court -- and says he wants his lawyer to do the same, just for solidarity.

Curiously, the Naked Cowboy M&M -- which was playing on a screen above the M&M store -- was no longer dancin' and strummin' as of yesterday.

NON-SUGAR-COATED UPDATE:
Mars has issued a statement, saying, "We do not comment on matters related to litigation. However, as a good corporate citizen, Mars will handle this matter accordingly. As one of the world's top-selling snackfoods, we take pride in the longstanding connection that our consumers feel toward the M&M'S Brand."

tipdipper22

Well, maybe Mars was giving him free publicity.

Didnt he think of that?

Maybe he'll get more dollar bills in his undies...er...I mean, guitarcase.

Perky

Should have taken the cash, now he's just gonna be standing out there in his bare ass.

Veronica

This guy is not serious. He should be happy they are even paying attention to him. WTF does he have to offer society and who is he a role model to. Bite me Cowboy

Stella

You know what? He probably would have had a good chance at winning if he showed up in court dressed in a suit. Now, just because he's going in in his undies, he's screwed. The judge is not going to take him seriously. Duuuuude...wear some pants.

OJ

M&M's make friends...........Broke Back Cowboy!!! lol
what a tool

Britney Spears

Good for him...Mars is just another one of those big corporations that thinks they can do whatever they want and not suffer any consequences. I read a horrible report on the PETA website about how they use inhumane tactics when testing animals for their products. It made me sick. I will never buy their products. I support Hershey - they don't test on amimals.

Veronica

He is just mad because it is cold as hell. He should take his ashy trashy ass back to Montana or Cincinnati for that matter. If the court gives him $10mil for this then the law is as stupid as the Cowboy's face

writergal

honestly, it's a great publicity stunt for him, so I think he's a marketing genius. his lawsuit has gotten him on national media, including tmz.

OJ

and a special shout out to sheila!.....happy valentines!

BigBoyBC

If he wears his "butt-huggers" into court, the Judge will rip-him-a-new-one, I saw a juror wearing short pants get nailed once.

I really think this is all about publicity. I not a lawyer, but I would imagine, unless he has full copyrights to his image, it won't go anywere. How do these "celebrity impersonators" do it without getting sued?

But, again I could be wrong, it's New York, anything could happen...

Alabama

He is a real dumbass.

whateveryousay

Boy, Mars sure was stupid to think that wasn't going to cost them. What idiots!!

richard pierce

Where are suicide bombers when you need them!

Veronica

This guy should start paying taxes

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments