Fugitives You Better Run -- The Dog is BACK!

2/19/2008 2:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Duane "Dog" Chapman will be back in business and back on the air on A&E. Woof!

A network official confirms to TMZ that the show is going back into production, but they've not yet set a premiere date. As of now, they're gearing up -- big time -- in Hawaii and production will begin ASAP. Makeup artists and camera crews have been hired, and houses and cars have been rented, all for the return of the show.

A&E had suspended production on "Dog the Bounty Hunter" indefinitely after a recording surfaced featuring Chapman making racial slurs. Chapman immediately began a tour of forgiveness, working with CORE and other groups to promote racial equality. We're told network execs were "very pleased" with Dog's attempt to make amends and his reaching out to members of the African American community.

A&E isn't just making this decision out of the goodness of their hearts either. The show was insanely popular for the network, here and internationally -- airing in over 20 countries.

tmzer

Hmmmm Dog uses racial slurrs, Tim caught with a prostitute. A&E is such a good family channel.

Rico

Most people who are happy that Dog is back on, feel the same way Dog felt when he spoke to his son on the recorded phone call. Notice I said Most. Nothing wrong with free speech as long as it doesn't affect you, right? I equate racists with child molesters. You should too!

Victoria

Here we go again with another return of "Smut TV"............Don't we have enough smut reality TV on, as it is.
What happen to the wonderful "Movies of the Week."???????????
The USA is going to hell in a handbag......No wonder many other countries do not want our morals in their countires.......

Susan

congradulations DOG ,I am so happy that you are back its about time they put you back on I have really misseds your show .I am glad that i will be able to watch you again soon. Great to have you back. Your friend Susan

Lilarose

YEEEEESSSSS!

Great news!

Now if we can just keep Jay Leno on the air, my life will be fulfilled!

Standards are badly needed.

to@4:48PM- A & E stands for Art and Entertainment. The Family Channel is a few numbers away. You can go there now.

FlBiker

Yikes, poor A&E. The best they have is that bald junkie and his fatass felon of a wife to show.

qruqid

DOG IS BACK good for him
I cant believe A and E took him off the air but....kept selling his dvds and books

sic em DOG ill be watching

Kikoke

All people make mistakes AND say things in the privacy of our home that we would not say in public.....no one is perfect....but many are ready to cast the first stone!!!!!! Wow, one lau lau!!!! He does good re: the Ice epidemic on the islands and that is a good thing and I for one am glad he is back. Do I agree or approve of what he said........NO NO NO, but I am not the one to judge, or take apart a person and their character piece by piece, nor will I disregard all the good someone had done due to a mistake, Huge, yes....but we all make mistakes. I am glad they are doing what they do, whether on TV or not, I for one am happy The Dog is back!!!!!!

QUINCYGIRL

WELCOME BACK DOG!!! YOU'VE BEEN MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlBiker

Duane smokes his weight in cocaine a year, he is no different than then the people he posts bond for.

Jay

It is an insult to a real dog to call this jerk "DOG". It doesn't matter what a jerk says about others. MONEY TALKS. HOW SAD!!!! Only in America.

DOG FAN

Oh look his angry ex-wife, son, and his girlfriend are making their comments now! HOW CUTE! YOU LOSERS!!! THAT MEANS YOU MONIQUE. LOL

diggenthedawg

I thnk it's awesome that the DOG is coming back! YOUR THE GREATEST DOG!

MARIA FROM MIAMI

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!

MISSED ALL OF YOU ! WELCOME BACK !!! THIS IS GREAT NEWS TO US !!

WE LOVE YOU GUYS !!