Ashlee Simpson Gives Singing a Shot

2/24/2008 5:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stop the presses! Ashlee Simpson left her karaoke machine at home last night for a performance at LAX Nightclub at the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas -- finally unleashing her stellar vocals on a live audience. Take that, Paula!

Her creepy father, Joe, and bassist boyfriend Pete Wentz were there to support her -- as she traveled through the undiscovered realm of not faking it.

At least she tried.

smartypants

Thats nice Lenn, I am glad you weren't aware. A lot of people jumped on you after that. I felt bad, just so you know. Take care.

Anne

Why is this girl famous???She has zero talent!! So annoying!!! It is also pretty pathetic how she went out of her way to look like her sister.

mistysmom

How did she get a record deal? It was all set up with her TV show behind the scenes. I remeber the episode when the record label "signed" her. They said she blew them away with her voice. (I say maybe she just blew them)

vangold

She is the worst!!! She was really annoying on Jimmy Kimmel too.

smartypants

Mistysmom, can't wait for you to hear your daughters language in a few years. Then again, you won't care.

moveover

We saw her singing on some show the other night. We were laughing like crazy .... she's really bad!

Seriously

She and Heidi Montag can tour together!

Seriously

One step away from singing on the side of the road with a guitar case open begging for "tips". She has really gone down hill.

Jon Bodack

I'm glad Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz and Ash's dad, Joe, had a great time at LAX Nightlcub at the Luxor Hotel.

Sam

Ashlee Simpson reminds me of all those chicks who go from Preppie to Punk, to Emo, to annoying. Shunning being regular, and going to Indie shows making up stupid sayings like Ay ya ya ya ya. Yet, she's always going to be a poser, because everything about her is fake. Her nose, her punky style, and her annoying punk/80's retro sound. Her CD should have a warning label that says "may induce vomiting, cause ear pain, and make you go crazy." She can't sing live, and its obvious hearing her, as well as her robotic dancing.

TobeyT

Ashlee was in Dallas, TX recently promoting her terrible song YA-YA something and anyway I took my daughter who is 11yrs. old to get a glimpse of a wannabe. After 3 long hours of standing in line we were so disappointed that her security wouldnt let an 11yr. old take a picture with her. WHAT THE HELL!!!!! What a stupid waste of my time, its my own fault! Ashlee, you stink your single SUCKS! Maybe you should come back to Dallas and work at a sno-cone shop or something, this way I assure you that you will find your gifting. GURL..........hat to tell you this you cant sing! Get a vocal coach and maybe he can help you, but pay him to tell you the truth.

sassy

SHE DIDNT SOUND THAT BAD FOR BEING AT A CLUB. IF SHE SANG THAT SONG IN THE STUDIO IT WOULD HAVE SOUNDED BETTER.

I DONT CARE FOR HER ANYWAYS. THES ALLL PLASTIC ! I LIKE REAL PEOPLE WITHOUT PLASTIC SURGERY.

Sam

I live in Las Vegas, and was there when this horrible fiasco of a woman came down. Basically picture being at the Club, doing your thing, being on the dance floor, when Ashlee, Joe, and Pete Wentz show up. At first people are like, oh wow look Pete Wentz...but Ashlee is always attached to his hip, not wanting to end up like her hasbeen sister. All the sudden, she gets up on the Balcony as if she were blessing everyone with a huge surprise. Ashlee singing. To make matters worse, just like her song, it was hard to get her out of your head cause she kept going and going trying to get more attention. What the Camera dude forgot to focus on, is nobody was dancing or interested. Which is bad cause when your in a club and people are just socializing...that's when you know you've lost the audiences respect. Of course dillusional Ashlee kept going and going, till finally she got the hint.

anonymous

That was unbearable. I tried to be fair and listen to the video, but I had to cut it off about a third of the way through. It was cut it off or scream from annoyance.

tory

well, that was intersting...

not very good, but interesting. even giving her the benefit of the doubt and allowing for poor acoustics, sound etc, it just didn't seem too great .....but exactly why is this chick a star? and what's with that creepy dad? sadly , maybe her and her sister could have found niches in the industry if they had a professional manger instead of Mr. Incest.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments