Mark Vincent Kaplan Speaks on Brit

2/24/2008 4:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

K-Fed's lawyer was out at Villa last night -- where he openly spoke about Britney getting custody back, K-Daddy's feelings about the popwreck, and tequila! After dealing with crazazy court cases all week, MVK just wants to have fun!

Elliot Mintz, über-publicist and Kaplan's new media consultant, added his two cents as well. The Brit saga is lookin' up!

TERRI FREEMAN

GOD JOB TMZ...TASTELEFULLY DONE...FINALLY!!!

laughingatlemmings

Harvey, your cameramen have caught the most incriminating evidence against a litigator. Bravo. If a picture says a thousand words this video screams like a banshee(sp?).
I do hope that any logical attorney uses this tape to discredit Mr. Kaplan, now and forever. As well as Mr. Mintz.
This one instance is the lone validation of TMZ and your People's Court past.

Erica

Mr. Kaplan look in the mirror and repeat after me:

I am not a celebrity, I am a lawyer
I am not a celebrity, I am a lawyer

I do not need a publicist, Lawyers don't need publicists.
I will start doing my job
I will stop grossly overbilling my clients, and show a little human compassion
I will start acting my age, and not go to trendy nightclubs and talk to paparazzi
I will not try to hang out at nightclubs and hit on people 100 years younger than me
I will stop making a fool out of myself.

I am not a celebrity, I am a lawyer

Do you understand what you are supposed to do now?

He's just another Idiot

Kaplan is the only lawyer I've ever heard of who loves the media so much. What an egotist ! He loves the Paps more than Paris Hilton. . . . . and what the hell does he need a PR person for ??? We know that Britney supports lazy lowlife K-Dud. I guess she supports sleazy Kaplan and the PR person, too. You don't see Britney's lawyers blabbing to the media all of the time. Kaplan keep your mouth shut. You look and sound like an Idiot !
Thank you, Papa Spears for getting your daughter back on track. Now if she could just get rid of freeloaders K-Dud and Kaplan.

Erica

They make a very attractive couple, but I didn't know that Villa was a gay club..............

He's just another Idiot

Is Kaplan gay? You never see him with women. Guess without a family, he has time to preen in front of the Media all of the time. He's a gold digging little twit and gives new meaning to the term "Shyster Lawyer". He and K-Fed don't want Britney to get well. They want to stay on Britney's gravy train forever. Hope her lawyers examine all of the fees and bills Kaplan is sending to Britney. I wouldn't trust Kaplan in any way, shape or form.

Erica

Though much of where the court case has gone is due to Britneys behavior and her creating extra work, $500,000 for less than 6 months work seams very excessive. The Billing / padding on that should be analyzed closely. Many people have to go through custody battles, some huge. This is beyond belief. It would have suited her purposes much better to have come up with a decent arrangement with Kevin from the beginning. Since when do Lawyers actually need a publicist? come one Mr. Kaplan grow up and perform your duties that you have been retained to do with some dignity. Hanging out at nightclubs does not do your reputation any justice. Or were you trolling for new clients?

Jake

Kfed's lawer, now there is a genuine slime ball. He equals almost all Paparazz in slime. Kfed, what is his name, what a piece of crap. Doesn't anyone have a REAL name out there in follywood? Is everybody a mixture between ape and human other than Britney. AT least she has a NAME.

warren

boxboy1

I LOVE DRUNK MUPPETS!

He is trying to save his ASS, after all, he hired MICHAEL SANDS to follow, plant, dig-up anything to make Brit look like an unfit mother, so the K-Loser and him would get a big PAYDAY, THEY NVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BREAK DOWN BRIT MENTALLY, NOW THEY ARE TRYING TO FIX THE PROBLEMS, THEY CREATED...

K-Loser and his slimmy lawyer will get theirs, after all, when you do harm onto others it will come back to fold - JUST LIKE OJ'S LAWYERS DIED FROM CANCER EARLY IN LIFE BUT AFTER THEY MADE A PACK WITH THE DEVIL!!

Stop Blaming the Paps For Everything Brit Does

43. Mark Vincent Kaplan is the biggest and most terrible whore! He wants to have some positive press because he is going to ask Britney to pay almost another $500,000. for his ridiculous lawyer fees. Oh by the way, she also pays for all of the time he spends speaking about her to the press. The hearing for these lawyer fees is March 10, so he wanted her to have visitation before that time. He is disgusting. Britney also pays for his newest media consultant! And he is using this entire time to make comments about Kevin’s acting career and trying to help Kevin with a positive spin! Why aren’t other lawyers speaking? Because this is a great paycheck for him and he is using it for all it is worth!

Posted at 8:28AM on Feb 25th 2008 by warren

*****************************

Wow, warren, how did you get access to the billing invoices? Please post them for all to see. We all want to know every detail just like you do -- how much time was spent on each task, how much was for Kaplan's time, associates' time, electronic research, paralegals, court appearances, court reporter fees for depositions, secretarial overtime, filing fees, courier expenses, long distance, photocpies, etc. ???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3