Woman of the Year

2/24/2008 10:58 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 83-year-old widow of Humphrey Bogart and Jason Robards resurfaced at a Broadway opening on Thursday, looking ravishing.
Lauren Bacall
Although Lauren has never won an Oscar, she was nominated for her work in the 1996 film, "The Mirror Has Two Faces." Lauren was expected to win, but in an upset, the award went to Juliette Binoche for "The English Patient."

Lauren is a spokesperson for the Tuesday Morning discount chain.

COMMENTS

roughdaddy

my eyes are fine B.J...........................it can be age/liver spots I guess,,,,,,yeah she has people they wouldnt have her on the redcarpet this way.....

Scott

She's a legend and a true beauty and she probably looks fantastic for her age, but let's face it... age is HELL.

Me!

She was a widow with Bogart.
She divorced Jason Robards.

Mimi

Interesting, while some folks who are not so familiar with normal, aging skin (not chest hair), did anyone else notice the pendant she is wearing? I think it's a falcon, as from "The Maltese Falcon", in which Bogie, her deceased husband starred in. I hear that they were very much in love.

LMH

I've always enjoyed Ms. Bacall's performances and her throaty voice. You could all learn a little more about this talented woman at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Bacall

Love for all.

Hyde

I'm in absolute awe of this amazing woman. True grace. I want to grow up to be Lauren Bacall.

VS

Hey she still a classy woman. Love her voice! This woman was married to Bogie and Jason Robards! I would love to sit
and talk with her over dinner! What a conversation. I just want to look into her beautiful eyes and hear that voice. No,
they don';t have real woman like that anymore. And, I am a whole lot younger. But, I have seen all her movies. She is
a classic beauty! Keep going Bacall!

DC

I was almost scared out of my seat by the site of her!!!!!

Corky Gonzales

She never was what you'd call "beautiful", even when she was young. But in her movies, she always exuded sex appeal. Unfortunately, the years have not been kind to her and she has turned into just another scary old hag. She's in good company with people like Bridgette Bardot and Joey Heatherton. Hanoi Jane Fonda is headed down the same gravel road, too.

On the other hand, there have been many great screen beauties who have carried their looks well into advanced age. Ingrid Bergman was one and another is, of course, my own Sophia Loren.

Madeline

She is a beautiful lady. That is not a good photo of her at all. She looks a lot better then that. I have seen her recently on commericals and tv. She is one of the last Real movie stars. I have always liked her. She is a beauty.

Michele

Classy and still smart as they come. Young celebrities need to take note. BTW, she was a hoot on the "Sopranos" episode she did two years ago .... Where Christopher stole her goody basket from the awards show? LOL

Greg

She's a distant relative to Bela Lugosi , so what?

K ay

I always thought she was a great actress and heard she was a very kind and generous person. TMZ took a really cheap shot putting this picture of her up. I am sure they had more flattering pictures of her. This is one of the reasons I don't come on this the site very much any more. It takes so little effort to be nice as it does to to be mean.

kerrybabyxx

Less is more when it comes to make-up for the mature woman.Softer shadow and lipstick,would of been more complimentry.

childofthemoon

I have never posted a comment in two years of reading tmz. Lauren Bacall is basically one of the classiest and most well respected actresses of her generation. A true Hollywood legend. First of all the women is 83 friggin years old. Secondly, this photo is just plain bad. I have seen her a number of times in recent years both in print and on television (anyone see episode 72 of the Sopranos) and this photo is the worst I have ever seen. I can only hope that I will look that good at 83 from an unfair angle with that lighting. This a new low for tmz.