Josh Lucas Agrees -- Renfro Got Screwed!

2/26/2008 7:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ caught up with Josh Lucas Tuesday afternoon, and he agreed that Brad Renfro got effed when he was omitted from the RIP reel.

He also says Roy Scheider shouldn't have been excluded either, but Roy's death on Feb. 10 was after Academy's cutoff date of Jan. 31 for use in the broadcast.

Details, details.

kristit

That's the worst grammar I've ever seen... Proof read people.

smartypants

I think this has been discussed thoroughly.

Tristania

Let it go.

FlBiker

Brad Renfro is still dead,
Really?

April Fouels

YOU GOT PUNKED........TMZ.........ROY SCHEIDER WAS INCLUDED IN THE TRIBUTE, GO LOOOOOOOOK.

Abe

Fairies!

April Fouels

EVERYTHING ON THE FIRST LINE, AFTER THE WORDS "BRAD RENFRO GOT" MAKES NO GRAMMERICAL SENSE !!!

ldh

LET IT GO! It has been acknowledged by all that they screwed it up, why keep asking people about it and bringing it back up.

Mariah

It may have been talked over but frankly I am glad a celebrity and, most importantly, a respected actor has had the balls to say something. The Academy needed to be called out on this. It was not just an oversight. It was saying there are varying degrees of death that get honored and others don't. Them saying they don't plan to comment on it is just cowardly and arrogant.

Doom Cat

I like Josh Lucas, but why does it matter what he thinks about this? Am I missing something?

Mariah

Oops, sorry #9. I didn't hear that the Academy apologized and said they messed up. The last I had heard they didn't want or plan to comment at all. My bad! (and I hate that expression).

Mariah

#13. He was probably just the first celeb someone got their hands on....

Papa Bear

JOSH,
I know you're not reading this, but honestly, I'm your biggest fan. I think you are a great actor and have a wide range of talent. If I get lucky enough that you are reading this...what are you doing Saturday night? :)

Lisa

75% of celebrities have drug problems. His drug problems shouldn't of had affect on the decision to include him. Heath Ledger died from mixing of the wrong drugs, but he got included. The Oscars are just a bunch of stuck up snobs. I guess Brad wasn't 'good enough' to be included in there tributes. Just goes to show that if your an actor/actress, and your not famous your not worth anything. Not even respect. Gotta love the Oscars!

I laugh at other's misfortunes

Hey TMZ, how many people you gonna talk to about Brad Renfro? Why don't you go dig up Potsy from Happy Days and see what he thinks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments