LAPD Now Confirms Britney Investigation

2/27/2008 7:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsThe LAPD is finally commenting on the investigation first reported by TMZ earlier this month.

As we said, Sam Lutfi is under investigation by the Robbery Homicide division of LAPD for allegedly drugging Brit. LAPD officials first said there was no such investigation. Now, Captain Kyle Jackson of Robbery Homicide has issued the following statement:

"The issues regarding Britney Spears are being considered by the department to determine if laws have been violated. Particular suspects have not yet been fully identified nor has a formal investigation into open charges officially commenced. At this time we don't know whether or not a formal investigation will be initiated."

Translation -- They're lookin' at Sam.

smartypants

NANCY IS A DUDE! Not flirting but you can't fool me! DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!!

Stick

Sometimes when I am doing mine I think of my grandmother and become ashamed.

sassy

NUMBER 69 YOU MAKE NO SENSE. AND WHOS STUPID HERE>??

sassy

SAM SUCKS IS SMELLING HIS/HER FARTS RIGHT NOW

Honey Carlson

GO LAPD!!!!! Authorities with common sense enter here!!!!!

Stick

Look hun, I am 100% not packing a penis.

Wait..

That didn't come out right.

You are fun.

Mr Savo..

This statement doesn't confirm anything. It reads more like the translation should be "We are looking into it, but as of now there is nothing official going on".

It doesn't mention Sam at all. Who types this stuff?

This is just bad journalism at it's worst.

Look, I'm all about gossip columns and reporting. But this 7th grade level journalism is sad. TMZ is a multi million dollar buisness now, and If TMZ is going to be a professional news organization worthy of that kind of value, then for God's sake, drop the ignorant, immature slang. (I.E. "Memba her? All growed up" "Their Lookin' at Sam", "Who's Ass is this" "Dr Von Ahole" "Britney's Vajayjay My babys lived in there yall). And stop ambushing people UNTIL there is something to ambush. Yes, the public has the right to know, but they have a right to know the TRUTH.

If Britney acts like an idiot, then report it, that's what you are here for. But, nobody is interested in speculation and it just hurts your credibility. So TMZ, get it together!

This is just low rent crap, and an organization with the clout that TMZ has should be above this. If I owned it, I would set new guidelines and fine people who actually know how to type.

Stick

Sometimes when I am doing mine I think of my Grandmother too dude. I hate when that happens.

CoolGirl2008

Translation: Dr. Phil is salivating again.

April Fouels

THERE WAS A FORMAL REQUEST TO THE GOVERNORS OFFICE ON BEHALF OF B. SPEARS, AND O.S. LUTFI, TO RESOLVE A COURT ISSUE AND IT WAS REFUSED, STATING, ....GO THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS.....

Mary Jane

Britney cannot take anything BUT a bad picture, so I guess they have nothing else to choose from! PS Will the fake Kelli PLEASE STOP already??

Brittney's Fab Fan

You go guys! This is totally true as I have an inside scoop at LAPD!
Right now x-17 is totally dogging this story.....TMZ will be the last one laughing!
Keep it up Harvey! Sam should pay for violating poor Brittney! We all know he stole the art and jewlery from her
house! Tick tock Sam your day is coming!!!

luv my TMZ

.......and fine people who actually know how to type.

Posted at 7:18PM on Feb 27th 2008 by Jeff

Didn't proofread did you?

smartypants

Nancy. Heidi to Ellen this morning, comment 31. You are one confused person.. PLEASE, new picture! lol

just wondering

Brit is # 2 on the charts in Canada and will be #1 by the weekend!!!...go Brit!!...hope Pa Spears gets audit done soon on paper shredder Grossman!!!...I can't even begin to imagine how much has been swindled by L & G !!!...cash and all!!!...btw...I LOVE duet with Jordan Sparks and Chris Brown!!!..sorry for straying!! hahaha