LAPD Now Confirms Britney Investigation

2/27/2008 7:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsThe LAPD is finally commenting on the investigation first reported by TMZ earlier this month.

As we said, Sam Lutfi is under investigation by the Robbery Homicide division of LAPD for allegedly drugging Brit. LAPD officials first said there was no such investigation. Now, Captain Kyle Jackson of Robbery Homicide has issued the following statement:

"The issues regarding Britney Spears are being considered by the department to determine if laws have been violated. Particular suspects have not yet been fully identified nor has a formal investigation into open charges officially commenced. At this time we don't know whether or not a formal investigation will be initiated."

Translation -- They're lookin' at Sam.

smartypants

Shoot, I didn't want to take part in killing this post. I will leave now!! Serious Brit stuff needs to be discussed!!

sassy

kelli you seem to be the internet whore. are you?????????????

just me

Here's a shocker! I thought it was the Narcotics Division who conducts drug related investigations. But this "drug" investigation is being conducted by the Robbery & Homicide Division? Okay. Then I'm sure it will be the Narcotics Division who will investigate the robbery that was reported at Britney's house when her parents returned to her home after that February 1st conservatorship hearing and was "shocked" to discover that valuable items in the house "had been stolen." Duh! Got any bridges for sale?

sassy

anyways, im sick of hearing about this girl.
and i see no proof of this man doing all the things hes accused of doing. until i see proof hes innocent.

just wondering

ssksk...ur kidding right????....and why r u here? just curious...Idol is starting now!! shhhhhh

smartypants

whore is not a nice word!!!

April Fouels

THE INVESTIGATION, IS CENTERED AROUND THE "ROBBERY AND "ATTEMPTED HOMOCIDE" , THE VICE UNIT....NOT JUST NARCOTICS, IS NOT AUTHORISED OR WARRENTED TO PERSUE THESE CLASSES OF CRIMES UNDER THE STATUATES SET FORTH BY THE CALIFORNIA LEGISLATURE. THE CROSSING OF JURISDICTIONS IS PROHIBITED UNDER THIS STATUATE, AND SO THE APPOINTMENT WAS MADE APPROPRIATELY.

Ben

Don't you think everone gets sick of the same old crap about Britney. I used to watch your show as soon as you put something on about her I change the channel.And have not gone back. Same crap report everytime. Drugs, rehab, all crap.

With all the people in show business you would think you would cover them rather than that whore, druggie, sleeps with everyone she meets as well as her sister. They are both trash and are not worth the time.

Maybe someday you'll relize to spend your time on someone worth it and it sure not them.

Sandi

Yea!!!! I hope they nail Lutfi on something. Britney needs to see what kind of guy he really is and, not only that, I can't wait til they are done auditing her books. Can you imagine what her business manager has been doing? Maybe sweating bullits. Time will tell.

richard pierce

TMZ HIRES TOTAL MORONS FOR THEIR WRITERS! PATHETIC!

April Fouels

WARRANTED''''''''''''TYPE-OOOOOO

Stick

Kelli wishes she was me!

smartypants

Nancy go take care of your man!! Hey Capt.!!

Stick

Kelli's butt is so big they call her the shadow walker.

bean

Kelli...I look on TMZ from time to time. Lately, there is this ridiculous banter you have with others. May I ask why you are obsessed, it seems, with arguing with people & complaining about the use of your name. Every post is bogged down with it. Just wondering. Yes, Shell is my real name before you question it.