Rihanna -- Please Stop the Music!

2/27/2008 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason the judges on "American Idol" tell contestants to steer clear of Mariah, Whitney and Celine -- no matter who you are, it's near impossible to measure up. Rihanna is not the exception.

In this video from an old high school talent show, RiRi tries to tackle "Hero," and though she starts out fairly strong, the song completely falls apart at the end. Not that Mimi's perfect either -- watching this is still easier than trying to sit through "Glitter."

Spankynutz

I spanked my Umbrella!

BettyBoop

OUCH!!!! With a capital O

ME

she still sucks, and she's so full of herself....

Judy

Damn that sucked soooo bad! Even I can sing it better!!

Jizy

wha Wha WHAT?
Rihanna is dating Regis?

bxjam85

That was horrible! Seriously, that was hard to listen to!

Marcel

HOW'D SHE GET A RECORD DEAL AGAIN?!?!?!

I'm telling you, got a few looks and you can do anything cuz she sure doesn't have the voice.

Pink to the Lee (formerly Pinky Lee)

What's with the jab at Mariah? She sounds pretty perfect to me. Rihanna on the other hand does not. I thought I was going to have to kill myself when that song "Unfaithful" was played over and over everyday all day! Her slow songs are the WORST! You can hear how terrible her voice really is.

jill

i mean seriously...this is just embarassing. how do people like this get signed to record contracts? i know so many amazing musicians that SHOULD be signed and never will be because of this crap...

Matt

I thought it was just the word "umbrella" that she sounded ridiculous saying --

turns out, she sounds ridiculous no matter what she's saying.

Over-hyped, talentless, prepackaged pop star. Dime a dozen.

jlove

hahahaha
how come she sounds like she's whining the whole time? horrible ending. ahahahah

Erica

I thought that was pretty good for just a school talent show.

SH

I remember a few years ago I was watching celine dion talking to Barbara Walters. She had a cold and she belted out a part of her song acapella. She sounded amazing especially for someone who had a stuffed up nose. I was already a fan but that showed what an awesome singer she is. I agree Rihanna started off fine but it sounded awful later on. Not surprising because many singers these days are nothing but studio singers.

Jenny

It might not have been so bad if she didn't sing through her nose for half of the time.

roxi

Jesus, that was painful. Ever since the first time I saw her, I suspected she couldn't really sing. Proof positive that any pretty girl can be a pop star with the right backing and producers.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments