"Idol" Nurse Busted for DUI

2/28/2008 11:54 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"A.I." finalist Amanda Overmyer pleaded guilty to DUI back in October 2006 near her hometown of Mulberry, IN.
Booking photo of Amanda Overmeyer
She received a suspended sentence of 60 days and was placed on 180 days probation, which ended in August 2007.

According to the National Enquirer, on the night of her arrest Overmyer had a blood alcohol level of 0.108 and spent six hours in the Montgomery County Jail before her fiancé posted her bail.

not me

So, 20 years from now when Amanda runs for President we can drag out this "breaking story" to discredit her. For now, it doesn't seem a LARGE mistake in her past should affect her singing in a talent show. It ain't rocket science.

old lady

Chihuahua

Idol is boring. Same 'ol, same 'ol. I watched Super Nanny last night instead.

Nelson

she sounds like a two pack a day smoker, washed down with a gallon of rot gut booze. I wouldn't want her as a nurse.

big balls

NURSES ARE ALCAHOLICS (DRUNKS)

LongJohn69

Lohan still looks very do-able in those mugs.

man0war777

TMZ, you guys have done it again! You mean to tell me that someone that pled guilty to DUI going on like 2 years now is newsworthy? Please! For all we know, the author of this article has probably done worse! She messed up, paid her dues and I don't think she's done it again; why bring it up now. Hmm, TMZ, do you have a hidden agenda that we need to know about or your teeny-boppers of writers are on early Spring break? Lame story TMZ, very lame! Peace!

Carrie

That Montgomery County is also where CRAWFORDSVILLE is..where Luke Menard is from.

leigh

I am wondering what kind of a nurse is she ( some people refer to cna's , med techs, lpn, as nusres) .. As a nurse (RN) my self I checked the Board of nursing and did not find her name..Can you add some clarity to this?

man0war777

62. SHe is a star ,They will let her go .She is a star ,They do whatever they want dwi killing people and walk free It will never change at all money makes the world go around

Posted at 12:13PM on Feb 28th 2008 by tony thomas

What are you talking about? Did you read the article at all or comprehend what you read if you did? How is she a star? She was arrested almost 2 years ago and released. What do you mean "they will let her go" ? She was not on American Idol 2 years ago and what has being rich have to do with this you Ninny?

TMZ, y'all need to start screening some of these posters for real. Peace!

rebelyell

maybe that 1 conviction was all she needed to learn her lesson about drinking and driving. as for the hair thing, last nite she looked like cruelella devillle. she needs a stylist bad. and not one that just got off of kiss' tour bus :/

blahblahblah

66... I bet you wouldn't hate them if you were dying in an ER somewhere, now would you?!

71.. You are so ignorant that you cannot even spell alcoholic. Your mommy needs to buy you a dictionary.

Rockstar

"My goodness I thought the state of Indiana has come further along than what she represents of it."

You've obviously never been to Indiana. Drunk drivers are actually endearing to what that state really is.

RobbyBoy

I'd still hit that and knock it outta the park with gusto! She's a hot piece of nurse tail!

RobbyBoy

Bing ! Bang ! BOING! She makes me fill my loins! Hot NURSEY ALERT!!!

Bob

I wouldn't worry about her to much she'll has a great career singing in Biker bars.