"Idol" Nurse Busted for DUI

2/28/2008 11:54 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"A.I." finalist Amanda Overmyer pleaded guilty to DUI back in October 2006 near her hometown of Mulberry, IN.
Booking photo of Amanda Overmeyer
She received a suspended sentence of 60 days and was placed on 180 days probation, which ended in August 2007.

According to the National Enquirer, on the night of her arrest Overmyer had a blood alcohol level of 0.108 and spent six hours in the Montgomery County Jail before her fiancé posted her bail.

michele

Was this "story" really neccessary? I'd love to know how many times the TMZ "Staff" has been out, totally blitzed or high. This was two years ago. Why ruin the girl's chances by posting this crappy story. She's no worse than the Irish girl who works as a bartender and SERVES the stuff.

Southren Pride lives

The hair has got to go, and yes the song she sang last night was awful. She seems like a nice person, I just hope she learned her lesson on drinking and driving. You never know who you will kill when you drink and drive. I can't vote for her now because of my beliefs of drinking and driving, this is just my personal opinion. Please don't rag on me because of this, you will never understand unless it has happened to you.

JanGovo11

Doesnt matter really..cause shes going home tonight anyway! Can't stand her.

privacy manager

Sounds like she paid her debt to society,hopefully she's in a stable frame of mind.
Do you guys REALLY need to diss people like this who are trying to straighten out and fly right?

Susan

I would appreciate it if you people who do not worship God would NOT use His name in vain . . . casually, as an exclamation . . . such as, "In God's name" and "my God." If you check Exodus 20:3 you will see that people who throw His name around like this have already declared themselves guilty before Him. (Note: You can be forgiven and not suffer punishment if you repent: change your ways and use His name respectfully in prayer, song or discussions about Him.) Thank you. This comment submitted without using vulgar or crude language or calling names.

ginac

i think its very important motre people are killed by drunk drivers every year than cancer,and arn't they supposed to not have had any kind of criminal record.ps.she can't sing she sounds like she has marbles in her mouth.

Griffin, GA

Always trying to dig up dirt!! DUI was in her past, leave it alone. She is a great singer and she's still a good nurse.

Sparrow12

Surely this isn't headline news. Typical though. Someone working hard, climbing upward toward a goal gets smeared.

big d

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what

person next door

Give the woman a Break !
It's not easy being the Bride of Frankenstine.

JEN

Doesnt TMZ realize how laughable some of their stupid stories are?
I tell you this......their TV show N E V E R goes on in my house.
just ridiculous.......but hey I guess slugs gotta make a living too.

Michelle

she looks like a skunk....I dont like her

Dave G

According to the National Enquirer???????????

Enough Said!!!!!!

josh

at least she will fit in excellent in hollywood, LA is the drunk drivin capital of the world lol but why in the hell would they put this story about her when it happened years ago, it will not hurt her chances on idol i guarantee ya

It's Time For A Change

If it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk...Probably is one