Other Driver in Hogan Crash Sentenced

2/28/2008 9:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The driver who several witnesses say was racing Nick Hogan the night of the crash that left a man severely injured was sentenced in a Florida court today.

22-year-old Daniel Jacobs was driving a silver Dodge Viper owned by Nick's father Hulk Hogan on August 26 in Clearwater, Fla.

Hogan, whose real name is Nick Bollea, was driving his yellow Toyota Supra when he lost control on slick roads and hit a palm tree. Passenger John Graziano, a good friend of Hogan's, was seriously injured in the crash and is still in a coma, suffering from permanent brain damage.

Jacobs admitted he was driving the Viper, but did not cop to racing. A judge sentenced Jacobs to 90 days probation and ordered him to serve 25 hours of community service. He also lost his license for 90 days and must pay a $500 fine.

Hogan is scheduled to be in court on April 14.

Chika

Fave I agree with you about Nick working at a facility but I think he should have to take care of his friend 16 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of the man's life. And when his life ends then Nick needs to be sentenced to a facility to care for others for the rest of his life. Not allowed to have a license and let mommy and daddy be held accountable also in addition to Nick if he does not fullfill this obligation since he was under 18 at that time. He should never be aloud to have vacation because this young man sure can't enjoy that luxury. So whatever this young man can't do Nick shouldn't be allowed to do either. He took his freedom not by choice so Nick should loose his freedom as well.

sherricheu

Our wonderful justice system at work! Doesn't it give you a warm and fuzzy feeling!!! NOT!

Nelson

I agree....... I've worked on the floor of a subacute unit. I not only think that Nick & Mommy & Daddy should be made to work there, but also the judge. Life is very fragile. Good luck to John his family and his caretakers.

Jess

His car did not crash! He did not hit anyone or anything.
Nick Hogan with his bad driving record is big trouble.
He will probably see jail time?

Terry

maybe he ratted Hogan out for a lighter sentence...we can only hope.

April Fouels

PROGNOSIS IS, THAT THE YOUNG MAN WILL NOT SURVIVE, I AM AN EX MARINE RETIRED COMBAT VETERAN, FOR THIS YOUNG MAN TO SERVE, AND COME HOME TO THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. IF HE DIES, I WILL DO EVERUTHING IN MY POWER TO MAKE SURE THE RESPONSIBLE PERSON IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ......NEGLIGENT HOMOCIDE.....THE END.......

T JAM

NICK IS JUST PLAIN AND SIMPLE A DOUCH ,,LOOK AT HIM ,,DOES THAT PICTURE NOT SAY ENOUGH ,,THE IDEA OF HIM WORKING AT THE HOSPITAL IS GREAT BUT HE PROBALLY WOULD SCREW THAT UP TO ,,,GREAZT SON WRECKING THE WHOLE FAMILY ,,AND WHATS WITH THE JUDGE ,,WHAT IS HE O.J.s JUDGE OR SOMETHING ,HEY NICK WHERE IS THE SUPRA THESE DAYS LOL LOOSER ,,,LETS JUST PRAY FOR JOHN AND HIS FAMILY ,,NICK WILL GET WHAT HE DESERVES ,,BUT IT WILL BE SOMEWHERE WHERE DADDYS MONEY WONT HELP

T JAM

# 39 YOUR GREAT IM 1000% ON YOUR SIDE , STICK IT TO NICK BOLLEA / HOGAN

Nelson

I would never have one of these people actually touch a patient, they would have to be closely monitored by a nurse. There is a lot they could do to help the caretakers and his family. I do hope this young man recovers, but the longer he is in this condition the outlook for a full recovery isn't very good for him. I do hope that John's future is taken into account when it comes to sentencing Nick Hogan.

just wondering

#38...I AGREE..FORGET THE FACT THIS YOUNG MAN IS IN A COMA..THE COMPLICATIONS FROM LAYING ON HIS BED 24/7 WITH MINIMAL CHANGING OF POSITIONS WILL PUT HIM AT HUGE RISK OF PNUEMONIA, CLOTS,AND EXPOSURE TO STAPH INFECTIONS...MR. NICK IS LUCKY HE IS STILL ALIVE...OR IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE CASE!!!..I HOPE HE SEES JAIL FOR HIS ACTIONS, DOESN'T SEEM LIKE THE JUSTICE IS FAIR IN FLD THOUGH.

Shaking Head in Tampa Bay area

This so called sentence shows that as usual justice can be bought. Let the everyday person be in a crash or cause a crash like this and see if they can get off with this degrading and meaningless sentence. The everyday person can't afford the lawyer fees to get such a light sentence or plea accepted by the courts.

As for who is paying for the hospitalization of the true victim in this accident, you and I are for he is in a VA hospital, therefore the Hogan's are not, but the Law abiding Citizens of the United States. The ones that work hard everyday to provide for their families and Serve this Country.

What has Nick learned from this tragedy? Only time will tell and I pray that this life altering experience will waken others not only of rich/privlaged that actions do have consequences.

FlBiker

Nice parenting from Hulk and Linda. They let Nick the functional retard drive the overpowered supra and another young kid drive the 12cyl viper. They should be sentenced as well as the stupid, spoiled kids.

just wondering

SHAKING HEADS IN TAMPA BAY AREA...UR RIGHT!!...I GUESS HOGAN WENT AND DROPPED SOME NICE CASH IN THE POCKETS OF THE RIGHT PEOPLE!!...PROBABLY STARTING AT THE TOP!!...I BELIEVE MOST OF THE POSITIONS R ELECTED OFFICIALS DOWN THERE = SLEAZY POLITICIANS, SHERIFFS, JUDGES, LAWYERS...GRRRRR

Jennie

Those of you who said the family of that poor kid who wasn't driving are right: they get a life sentence. This is an abomination and the lawyers and judge should have to do the time they aren't giving. Insanity rules in the lives of the rich and famous. This is the first time I'd heard that Hogan owned both vehicles...and they WEREN'T racing? Please. This is being treated as a simple reckless driving "accident". Unbelievable. I wish someone who knows Florida laws would blog in and let us know if the boy dies, can these men be charged with manslaughter or murder or will jeopardy apply? Thank you.

Laughing at AMBIEN SCHMAMBIEN

Look at these comments. I'd bet you people making these vile comments are no better than the people that you are putting down. You sound like pure trash. I would also bet you do the same things that you are condemning here. I know you drive like idiots that you are. I bet each and everyone one of you that's calling for blood has gotten wreckless driving tickets and been in jail for drugs or assault. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments