Food Network

Cans 'Impossible' Chef

2/29/2008 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Irvine"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

RedBird

can't they get rid of that wretched rachel ray while they're at it?

Robert should stay and be forgiven

Ray should be roasted on a spit with an apple in her mouth

Moe

Dear Food Network,
Please don't use Rachael Ray programs to replace this show. We can't take it anymore.
Thanks!

EmersonE

I really enjoyed him and wish he would have been able to stay. I don't give a rats behind what he did, I wish he would have been retained.

flo

WHO CARES THAT HE EXAGERATED,
HE IS WHAT MADE THE SHOW U IDIOT NETWORK R REPLACING GOOD PEOPLE WITH THE MOST ANNOYING HOSTS.

TWOHORNS

you would think that would be a fairly easy thing to verify before you give someone a tv show.... oh well i liked him anyway..

fergiebear

Yes more is behind this!! They discovered he is not a chef at all I am guessing!!!!! Maybe he lied about most of the places he worked ect...

Terri

GOOD....never liked him anyways....waaaay too arrogant.

Sad

I enjoyed watching the show with Robert Irvine. Who cares if he lied-what a dumb reason to get rid of him! I thought he was a great chef. I don't think we Yanks care if he really cooked for the Royal Family or not. There must be another reason.
Food Network sucks!

Moose

So, he is the only one that gets let go? What about the people in charge who should have verified his resume in the first place?

Tinker Bell

I love that show. He is really funny to watch. Not annoying like that skank Rachel Ray. I want to barf everytime I hear "Yum-O!" "Sammies" "EVOO" "My Mommie". Ick.

TB

Please, please do not replace him with another hour of Rachel Ray talking out the side of her mouth!!!!!!!!!!!

tina

Don't use Rachel Ray, she has a bigger mouth than he does....................

tracey

That one Bear guy from Discovery got to keep his job after we found out he sleeps in hotels and has his staff help him build stuff, so why did Robert get fired for lying?

And I agree Rachael Ray is so obnoxious and her food looks like crap!

Kitty Angel

Conceive a show, hire a host, put it on the air .......... then check out his credentials?!?!?!? Sounds a little strange to me.

Moose

Given how over the top his credentials seemed, I would be very surprised if one of the higher-ups didn't verify Irvine's credentials personally. If Irvine is the only one that gets canned, then something really doesn't smell right in regards to this story. I am not very smart, but even I would have questioned Irvine's credentials. That should have sent up a red flag everywhere.