Food Network

Cans 'Impossible' Chef

2/29/2008 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Irvine"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

Mikey

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

anonymous

I think Foodnetwork overreacted about this. Robert does what he is paid to do...gets the Dinners Impossible challenges met. No, he should not have exaggerated, but my guess is, quite a few people have plumped up their resumes as well...even some of the Foodnetwork hierarchy themselves. It's all about entertainment these days anyway.Putting another host on his show? Give me a break...who will they put on, the annoying Guy Fierie? Lately, I watch Foodnetwork less and less...I used to watch it pretty religiously at one time.

me too

I really enjoyed his creativity...I think that they could forgive him since his show was fun to watch...all the neat recipe ideas he gave..isn't that the premise for the show? Being creative, in a short amount of time and having it done right? I think that is crap..people do a lot worse and still get to be on their shows..like Dui's for most of the cast of Lost..and such..

Jules

FN suxs....they get rid if Robert for embellishing his resume & leave Rectal Ray on?? She is the biggest liar on FN....she thinks she can cook!!!!!!

sternbo

what a Joke, you got that annoying Rachel Ray on the network who has less skills then a mcdonalds cook and the food channel fires this dude

Sean

Wait a minute. Aren't you suppose to do the background check first before you hire somebody - instead wait until his is in your employ. That way - don't you avoid all of the embarrassment before hand.

Ellie

They cant get rid of Paula, Bobby, Rachel and Mario too.

Nelson

I'm going to email the Food Network to let them know how much this sucks. I don't care if he lied, his show is better than Rachael's, I can't stand her voice.

sternbo

when is the Food network bringing back ZANE LAMPREY, don`t you people know great talent - get rid of the the BAM man to,he is old news already

Jess

What a shame! First Emerald now chef Robert Irvine.

sternbo

Rachel ray could not handle a party of 5 let alone what Robert did, good luck robert ,you did a great job and F the food network

DeepFreeze3

Robert Irvine getting fired? It really wasn't a surprise. After the incident with Joshua Adam Garcia (AKA "J.A.G.) on the reality show "Next Food Network Star" in mid-2007, there was no way in HELL they were going to get out of this buy looking the other way. In any case, I'm glad that (this time) they did the right thing. Now how about putting potential employees though background checks? It'd prevent crap like this from happening again.

iloveWWE

Here comes Rachael Ray's scratchy-sounding voice! UGH! *Shudders*

Irwin fan

i've had the chance to meet chef robert and he's a really, really nice guy. i agree that HE made the show...it's fun and entertaining and i don't think such an action is warranted for just a little embellishment. other celebrities have done much worse and are just given a slap on the wrist. c'mon...give the guy a break.

otter

i am not surprised at all - he did not seem to be a very nice person - i do not know why, i just felt that he was full of himself.