Food Network

Cans 'Impossible' Chef

2/29/2008 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Irvine"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

Chris

Why did they have to fire him for that. People in the business lie all the time. His show was one of the few more interesting shows on that channel anymore. What will we be forced to watch now? The sell outs of course, however, I still like Guy even though he sold out to a different chain of restaurants like Tyler Florence who too, I was very upset about, I hate sellouts. At least Robert Irvine didn't sell out, they need to put him back on and get rid of that annoying smoker haven witch, Rachel Ray, she is sooooo annoying!!! Smoke another pack of smokes why don't ya? Maybe your voice will finally crack out and we won't have to suffer from your scratchy, obnoxious, overly loud and uncalled for voice, shut the hell up!! PLEASE. Oh well, thats one more channel that I could just block completely, Jeas, whats real talent anymore, obviously there is none, we see people for the littlest misgivings that they've done, but forgive the idiots that keep brainwashing our children and for being the worst people to face the earth, this is pathetic.

Harry

This really sucks.I know he made a point on one episode that he did Charles and Diana's wedding cake, and that probably wasn't smart. But how the heck do you lie about something like that and not have anyone notice? And if he embellished, who cares? He was an engaging host, and his show was really fun to watch. I hope the execs at Food Network understand they work for THE FOOD NETWORK, not Congress! The idea is to put on entertaining shows! I didn't believe half of what I saw on Dinner Impossible, anyway. I do editing, and I could tell a lot of it was cut to frame a story, as opposed to letting it unfold. Food Network used to be a good station, and I thought Irvine was one of the reasons why. His show is one of the few nighttime concept shows worth watching. First they lose Anthony Bourdain, now Irvine. But they keep the vanilla stuff like Rachel Ray and Paula Deen. Just goes to prove Bourdain's point: Food Network only wants to appeal middle of the road Americans. Right now, if Giada DeLaurentiis wasn't so hot, I'd have no reason to watch.

KRISSY

THE FOOD NETWORK IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN ANYWAY!
CUT ROBERT A LITTLE SLACK HERE ! I FEEL THAT THERE HAS TO BE MORE TO THIS .

GOOD LORD >>> ALL RACHAEL RAY PROGRAMS ARE THE ONES THAT SHOULD BE DUMPED !

YEARS AGO FOOD NETWORK FIRED A CHEF WHO WAS FOUND TO BE A THIEF, AND THAT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO...... HOWEVER EMBELISHING FACTS ON A WEDDING CAKE ?????? UH-UH !

Jamie

I hardly think that lying about Princess Diana's wedding cake is worth firing someone. It seems like that the more insignificant something is, the bigger deal we make of it. Let's get real. There are more important things in the world than this.

joe

WOW he got more then president clinton did . What a shame he was a great host!!

kelly and keith

SINCE THEY FIRED ROBERT IRVINE THEN LITTLE MISS PRISS RACHEAL RAY NEEDS TO GET AXED SHE STEALS EVERYONES RECIPES AND MAKE THEM HER OWN... THEY BLEW IT WITH IRVINE AND NOW LETS SEE WHO ELSE FALLS FLAT...

Susan

what a shame, he was the only one on FoodTV who was not repulsive. No wonder they found something 'wrong' with him. He was too normal and nice. They are trying to elevate crudeness as a marketing tool and its a bust. RR is just plain gross. so are most of them. He was a class act.

Sheila

His punishment should be that he has to spend the night with Camilla.....

granny

i cant believe that they let a fantastic cook and personality go because he fluffed up his resume a little,if there is anyone out there who hasnt fibbed a little please stand up and be counted....oops look at all the liars.

Sandie2l

Too bad for Food Network. They fired someone who actually came in and did what he was supposed to do! I wish I could handle stress the way he does. Pitiful decision to fire the guy. And as far as Rachael, Paula are concerned. ....I love them! They are not professionals...... they cook like I cook! I DO NOT WANT fancy smanchy meals, I want down to earth stuff like they provide!

NancyS49

It is sad that they let him go. I really enjoyed watching him. People that are fishermen exaggerate on how big the fish was that they caught. So, he didn't do the wedding cake..no one got hurt. I think they should forgive him and let him stay on.If he does another t.v. cooking show I would definetly watch him. No one can replace Robert, he is one of a kind.

Dee

I sedond or third the motion ... PLEASE FOOD NETWORK ... NO MORE RACHEL SHOWS!!!! The new ones are ridiculous ... her voice is soooo annoying, she's awful narrating the whole show ... boredom. And her cooking shows are not what they used to be ... too much sea food, ingredients aren't cheap.
I really like the Dinner Impossible.

nrsejuju

I really like Chef Irvine and his show. I was even willing to forgive him his past association with the British royal family. He's certainly much more entertaining than that Sarah or Robin woman. Ellie makes watching paint dry entertaining by comparision and the Hardy Boys are even worse. On The Next Food Network Star the winner was a guy who lied about his military service (they found out he lied before the final show aired and took it away from him) and now this. Do they not know how to do a reference check? Maybe they should outsource their HR department.

Cher

This is a real disappointment. He said he was sorry... so.. if this is such a big deal with the Food Network... Can we put those rules inplace in like with Congress and our politicians... they surely should be fired...for what they do is far worst... YIKES>>> what is the world coming to..... We need more examples of ethics and integrity.. but man...lets be consistent at all levels... shall we?

Dee

WRITE TO FOOD NETWORK AND COMPLAIN!!!!
I CAN UNDERSTAND RACHEL'S COOKING SHOWS .... WHERE IS QUALIFIED TO ENTERTAIN ANYONE WITH TALES OF FEEDING HER FACE ON VACATION ... THAT SHOULD BE SHOWN ON THE TRAVEL CHANNEL
THEY DROPPED EMERIL AND EXPANDED ALTON'S SHOW. THEY'RE TRYING FOR A YOUNGER AUDIENCE.
WELL, WHY IS PAULA DEAN ON .... SHE HAS TO TONE HERSELF DOWN AND BEEF UP HER RECIPES. SHE'S AS ANNOYING AS RACHEL TO LISTEN TO AND HER RECIPES AREN'T THAT GOOD.
THEY MADE A BIG MISTAKE LETTING IRVINE GO ....!!!!

WRITE AND COMPLAIN!