Food Network

Cans 'Impossible' Chef

2/29/2008 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Irvine"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

burnt biscuts

liar liar cakes on fire

aiyaruk

This makes no sense whatsoever. Dinner Impossible was a great premise and a fantastic show, and what made it good had absolutely nothing to do with the chef's history. Who cares? What disturbs me the most is that I get a strange feeling that if it had been Rachael Ray or Giada who exaggerated a little to get a job, Food Network would have covered it up and no one would have known. If Robert Irvine had a pair of big breasts and promised half-processed food that "kids will really like!!!", he would still have his job. Respect for quality chefs is disappearing, to be replaced instead by the fake "homespun" ideal of bubbly girls in the kitchen simply to appease all the target audience: stay at home moms who think that throwing together a few cans of packaged food equals cooking.

spats

Who cares if he told a little fib,he is far more entertaining than miss joker mouth Rachel Ray.Please get rid of her instead and while your at it boot the annoying cackling hillbilly Paula Dean. I used to really enjoy her show but then she got to big for her britches and become a clown instead of a cook.

David

I would Do Rachel Ray she is a hottie. I would pack her lunch and eat it too.
I wonder if she swallows

sherry

I think if the man can do his job, which obviously he can, then to fire him is a bit ridiculous and extreme. I think the food network is going to lose a lot of fans when they could have reprimanded him in another way. Or fire him when it didn't work out.

Angel

Dayum, well he was corny anyway
they need some black cooks on that silly station

whome

that stinks. i really like him & his show!!!

Sylvia

They should not fire him because no one else knew about the lie but them and the pubkic never cared. I thought the show was good. The network will lose a lot of loyal viewers from this,

They should have investigated him before he was hired, This is like locking the barn after the horse is stollen.

cindi

NO MATTER WHAT WORD YOU USE TO REPLACE IT...ITS STILL LYING. HOW WOULD PEOPLE FEEL IF THE POLICE MAN WHO IS TRYING TO SAVE THEM FROM CERTAIN DEATH , LIED ON HIS APPLICATION STATING HE WAS A SHARP SHOOTER WITH MILITARY EXPERIENCE. IN REALITY ALL HE DID WAS HAVE A WATER GUN WHEN HE WAS 8 . GIVE IT UP LOSERS. LYING IS LYING NO MATTER WHAT PRETTY NAME YOU GIVE IT..OH AND LETS NOT FORGET TO POKE FUN AND THE MORONS WHO POST "FIRST" WOW , YOU MUST NOT HAVE ANY LIFE WHATSOEVER.

BAM

I didn't really enjoy him. So, I won't miss the show, and am proud of the Food Network!

Jo

I wouldn't watch that annoying R Ray if she cooked her goose in truth serum. That voice is as plesant as a cheese grater on rocks.
Robert appologized move on and stop sirring the pot.
Sorry to say Dianna's cake is as gone as her marriage was and she is. She was a gracious lady and would probably forgive him his little trasgression.
Lord knows ther have been worse lies by presidents and those that want to be plus all of Washinton. All he did was over frost the cake so to speak. Sweet lawd don't give that warpo spector any more ideas to waste time and the tax payers money on with Weding Cake Gate.

Questions...

I never write into comments but this was one of my favorite shows. To cancel him because of this mistake is a BIG MISTAKE.. I was always impressed how he could pull off every challenge put in front of him. I hope the "head honchos" read this - I doubt that they do - but I vote 100% to reinstate this show!!!!!!!! Considering what other "chefs" have fudged - how about Guy Fieri's last name - could it be Ferry???? Look it up.... BRING BACK MISSION IMPOSSIBLE AND SOME TRUE TALENT.....

Gordon E Jensen

The exaggeration is embarrassing, but the show was entertaining and Irvine carried his weight and met the challenges in every program quite impressively. So, if he felt he needed trumped up credentials at one time, let bygones be bygones, the man has proved himself worthy!

Angel

I REALLY LOVED HIS SHOW,HE WAS DOWN TO EARTH AND REALLY GOOD.FIRING HIM WAS WRONG ..HE SAID HE WAS SORRY WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO FORGIVENESS?? ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE TOLD LITTLE WHITE LIES EVEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE US.WE NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOW ANYTHING ,SOMEONE HAD IT IN FOR HIM .THATS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT HE PISSED SOMEONE OFF.BRING HIM BACK AND LET HIS SHOW CONTINUE.

Martin Svensson

I don't know if Food Network execs read this; I hope that they do. In spite of certain falsehoods, Robert Irvine was perhaps the last remaining professional on the network. One could really learn the science and art of cooking from Mario Batali, Michael Lomanaco and Emeril Lagasse (on Essence of Emeril, not the live drivel!). In a pathetic attempt to attract a younger audience, we have the opportunity enjoy the hapless Rachel Ray, showboat Guy Fieri. Well meaning hacks.