Food Network

Cans 'Impossible' Chef

2/29/2008 3:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Irvine"Dinner: Impossible" chef Robert Irvine has been fired from the Food Network's kitchen!

After it was discovered that Robert lied about his credentials -- including having designed Princess Diana's wedding cake -- Food Network honchos investigated the situation and today released a statement saying they "have not renewed Robert's contract for future seasons" and "will be looking for a replacement host."

Robert apologized for his actions adding, "I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences regarding the Royal Family."

huh???

Ok why is everyone bashing Rachael? Thats just annoying... I for one love her shows and i think she's awesome. Everyone else out there who only has bad things to say about her obvously have WAY too much time on your hands and cant think of anything else remotly constructive to do with your time, Just back off of the woman already. RACHAEL U ROCK!!!!!!

alicia

I am disappointed that he lied, but if the food network didn't bother to check to see if it was true when he was hired, why do they care now?

candi

OMG!! ONE WOULD THINK THEY WOULD CHECK OUT HIS APP. BEFORE THEY EVEN LET HIM GO ON THE AIR TO DO HIS COOKING SHOW!! HE WAS SO FUNNY AND HAD THE PERSONALITY PLUS THE SPICES THAT TAKES WHAT IT NEEDSS. GOOD LORD, GIVE THE MAN A BREAK SO HE MAKE A LITTLE TISSUE INTO A BIG ISSUE, WE DONNOT CARE AND LETS HAVE HIM BACK ON THE AIR!! I KNOW HE HAS GOT TO BE THROWN FOR A LOOP!

Jersey Sue

I never knew about his "resume"...I just enjoyed his show. Don't know why such a big deal was made about this. Why is everyone so hot to ruin other people's lives? It's not like he was President or anything.

mdvk

When Dinner impossible did the Spelling Bee episaode, a great chel called Kirk Avandoglio was a sous chef for him. Kirk would make a great replacement and wouldn't have to "exagerate" his credentials...

Jo

My 83 year old aunt who is a great cook is P*ssed. She mumbkes in Italian when she is. She even said Damn what the hell are they tinking. TV stinksnow .Where the hell is Dom Deluise and wjy isn't there a Cajin cook anymore. And while I'm at it How about a good black Southern Chef I'd rather here him than obama at least he'd prouduce something edible.
I can't stand that "bubbalot pot" Rachel Ray or that other awful woman Paula Dean. She was on a toot. But damn can she cook . She uses my GG Grandmothers recipies that I finally convinced her to write down. The problem is she never uses standard measurments, none of us do. What a hoot.

A Rachel Ray Fan

Well...to whoever was jus dissing Rachel Ray....you are an idiot. Can you cook as good as her?? Do you have a show that is on every morning at 10:00?? I didn't think so! So stop making bad comments about her.....I will let you once you are just as good as her....which will NEVER happen!

holly

I THOUGHT ROBERTS SHOW WAS TYHE BEST WE ALL HAVE DONE SOMETHING IN OUR PAST HE WAS VERY VERY GOOD HE GOT MY KIDS TO WATCH EVEN KEEEP HIM ON

Sunny Katz

I think this is a shame that you would fire someone who is so good at their job. True he may have exaggerated his experience but MANY people exagerate on their resume. He cannot be replaced and I will not watch the show if he is not on it. It seems like it would have been the responsibility of whoever hired him to have investigated his credentials when he was hired. Reprimand him but do not fire him. Besides who cares if he designed a cake. He often says baking is not his forte.

candi

DO NOT KNOW WHY SO MANY ARE BASHING RACHEL. U KNOW ROBERT GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE MOMENT THAT HE WAS THROWNG HIS DISH TOGETHER,LOL!! REALLY HE WAS PROB NOT EVEN SERIOUS WHEN HE MADE THAT COMMENT. MARIE I THINK YOU ARE TAKING IT JUST ABIT TO FAR WITH YOUR COMMENT BUT THAT IS YOU AND THAT IS ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT THAT.I THINK MAYBE ONE OF HIS BOY-FRIENDS GOT PISSED OFF AT HIM AND TOOK THE CHANCE TO GET BACK AT HIM FOR SOME REASON AND NOW HE HAS LOST HIS JOB AND THE OTHER PERSON IS "HAPPY" I THINK IT IS A SHAME REGARDLESS OF THE REASON!! ROBERT WAS QUITE ENTERTAINING.

TB

WHAT A SHAME, I LIKED HIS SHOW, FOOD NETWORK SHOULD RENEW HIS CONTRACT, EVERYONE AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER HAS LIED..., BESIDES WHO DID HE HURT WITH HIS LITTLE LIE

Lisa C

I honestly never liked him from the beginning, I'm not sure why but something just didn't sit right with him nor me to be frank. I rarely watched the show he hosted and now another food network possibilty now has the chance for the spotlight to replace the "impossible" chef.

JDtheDJoftheJR

More Giada !

Robby

He's goofy looking.

Denise

It's a shame that the network had to fire one of the more entertaining chefs. I really like his show...and always watch the others when he does guest appearances. And I agree with the others....I like Rachael...but please don't jam any more of her shows down our throats to fill the air time.