Van Halen Tour Unhinged

3/2/2008 7:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

Reps could not be reached for comment.

Lea

We saw them perform in Vegas over New Year's Eve. They were absolutely phenomenal. If he really is having issues, he needs to get it taken care of because there are quite a bit of people who want to see them at least once more.

Bobby Clark

Don't worry I'll step in and replace him no problem!!! It's only VH !!!!!!!

Dan

In that video, it was Roths singing that sucked, not EVH.

janice2009

Van Halen's cancellation makes you feel: sad, mad, happy, or don't care? I'm sad. I'm sad that eddie can't keep it up. It makes me personally sad my guitar hero is losing his teeth and about to go to old people home and won't pull of a one last tour. How does that make you feel?

Troy

I saw them twice, in Kansas City and in Omaha. The Omaha show was the greatest that I've ever seen them (nine times total). I was floored by how great they sounded and played unbelievably! If this is true I can only hope that they recorded one of the good shows for release on DVD.

john

if they cancel, there is no stinking way I'll give them money for a dvd.

NY Mom

WTF? is right! Have tickets for March 13th Jersey show, so close yet so friggin' far I guess. I told my hubby when we bought them I was wondering if they'd actually make it through the tour, or implode by the time we'd get to see them. I have been a huge fan of theirs forever, and was really looking forward finally getting to see the original line up again. (Sorry Sammy but Van Hagar was never Van Halen) After years of rumored reunions, their fans were at last getting something we've heard about for years. I am so disappointed, but even more I hope Eddie can get himself together. I would've thought that touring with Wolfie would've kept him straight, at least for his son's sake. I wish him well, and I hope he gets himself together. He has an amazing talent, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to hear much more from him.

Liz

I too am hoping it is not true. My very first concert when I was 15 was Van Halens 1980 Tour on Sept 2nd 1980 at the Mississippi Colisuem. I now have tickets to see them this month at the Mohegan Sun. I was so looking forward to it.

J.D.

Eddie, I'll always support You. You can still beat Your demons. Sometimes it takes hitting bottom to rise again. Just don't follow Scott Weilands lead and continue to get down and not get back up. Look forward, not back brother.

Liz

THE SHOW IS ON IN DALLAS TONIGHT! TMZ you need to check your info and let people know that they have not canceled there tour, at least not in DALLAS tonight!

Very interesting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Valerie Bertinelli is having a book signing tonite @ 5:00pm, at Borders in Dallas. Hmmmmm

sheesh

He had or has cancer, so maybe he is sick. Why jump to conclusions that he is back on drugs?

James

Everyone is assuming there's a drug problem or alcohol, but it was reported earlier that he was having hearing problems. That was allegedly why the last couple of shows were rescheduled. These hotels rooms are being cancelled, but maybe the tour is gonna be put on hold and rescheduled later. There's a show tonight so I guess we shall see soon enough. We were supposed to see them Wednesday, so I hope something comes out soon.

john

Dallas, how do you know show is still on? I've been listening to the bone all morning and they only give the "no official word" and AAC web site is being hammered.

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

For all of you that think Valerie (her book) has something to do with Ed cancelling concerts, go get a life. He's a big friggin boy and probably has major drug problems...................HEH EDDIE, GROW THE 'F' UP.!

Liz

AT 8:45AM KLUV/JODY DEAN ANNOUNCE THAT TMZ HAD IT WRONG..............................VAN HALEN HAS NOT BEEN CANCELED IN DALLAS TONIGHT!