Van Halen Tour Unhinged

3/2/2008 7:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

Reps could not be reached for comment.

B. Rule

What a bummer ! I was really hoping to catch one of their last shows. Judging by what i have heard from people that went to the last couple of shows it sounds like Eddie has gone off the rails.For him not to be able to perform at least passably shows the effect of what this disease can do to a person. I mean this guy can play guitar in his sleep. I truly hope he can get a hold of this and not become another statistic.

frogs and gravel

Michael Anthony knows when to
keep his mouth shut, play bass,
and not get involved in the huge
ego fights between the other three.
He (Michael) probably has more
money than many third world
countries.
David Lee was in training to be a
paramedic ,or something like that,
when the tour came along. I wonder
if he will go back to that?

Black Teef

Ed went to "rehab" about a year ago & came out: sober, had new teeth & a facelift. This guy has been drinking & drugging for the better part of 30 to 40 years & expects to change after a few weeks of "rehab". Right. Ed's an incredible guitarist but has completely destroyed himself...he's stone deaf, his lungs are charcoal briqettes, most of his joints have been replaced & the rest of his guts have to be severly damaged. Otherwise, he's a cool guy!

richard pierce

DIRT BAGS ALL!

Nelson

Good Luck Eddie, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Moe

Yep, I saw her on Larry King and she didn't have a clue what her boyfriend did for a living. I thought that was bad. All she had to do was ask him at least before she went on his show. Larry must have thought that was strange I'm sure.

Alexa

Valerie turned out to be a disappointment. What a loser!

pebbles

Why don't these people just grow up! I heard that his and Valerie's 16 yr. old son was on tour with him, playing in the band, I hope his mom has the good sense, so obiviousling missing from his dad, to get him the HELL out of that invironment!!!!

Rumplestiltskin....Howard's Foreskin

Saw the band in Greensboro NC....2nd show in the beginning. They rocked out, HARD. Same problems on "JUMP" as others have mentioned, even then...."Rolling Stone" Rock N Roll blog had details. The sound tech was the problem. Not saying Eddie isn't having problems. But that song has sounded off in many concerts, people said. .

Godspeed, EVH. Be strong. Diamond Dave, I'd do you in a heartbeat. Eddie, too!

Joeythecatfish

Damnit enough of this fooling around. Get clean and kick the asse's of all these nothing bands

Kelli

Running with the devil has gotten the best of them. Darn shame, Of course they ain't no Dixie Chicks. :)

666

Van Halen........go retire someplace would you!! You guys suck!!

666

Douche bags!!! Oh yeah, David Lee Roth is a dork!!

666

I agree #36 Mike Ness rules!!

666

Dixie Chicks suck a$$ too!!