Van Halen Tour Unhinged

3/2/2008 7:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the Van Halen tour has just been canceled!

We're told arrangements are being made right now to cancel hotel stays for the tour -- which was scheduled to continue through April 19th. Sources tell us the reason for the cancellation is Eddie -- that he is having "issues."

The last three shows had already been canceled. There have been reports that Eddie was out of it during concerts -- and video of recent performances in which his guitar playing was atrocious.

Reps could not be reached for comment.

Rumplestiltskin....Howard's Foreskin

62. As expected this pioneer has no control over himself, and continues to disappoint fans. 80's Rock fans, you know there is a great band out there who Azoff should spend much more time promoting here in the US.. They are clean, they have great talent, they go the mile for their fans, and are great guys and they still put on one hell of a show! THE SCORPIONS. Check out Humanity Hour 1. If you are missing Eddie Van Halen's technically crisp guitar playing from his younger years, see Matthias Jabs. He's stil got it! The Scorpions put on a great show year after year... AZOFF, you bet on the wrong horse again!

Posted at 9:45PM on Mar 2nd 2008 by palmster

zoso

Van Halen where nothing more than Led Zeppelin wannabees. Ya, they had a few catchy tones, but that's about it. They never did, nor never will come anywhere close to the masterful heavy blues of Zeppelin they tried so hard to immulate. They were a big arena band for a couple of years, and that's about it. Zeppelin outsold both the Stones and Beatles combined during the 70's. That always frustrated Van Halen.

666

#75 I agree there are some pretty good bands out of the EU and UK i would like to learn more about some of the other bands there. not real familiar....but social d is my favorite here in O.C.!

Kelli

MTL, Thanks for yesterday. It was a little tacky, but I have never been able to call myself that. I had a good laugh. I am glad you understood. So we are talking about Van Halen? I did see them in the 80's. It was the "Texas Jamm" I passed out because it was 103degrees. ROCK ON!!!!!

Solaera

"Von Scott, of AC/DC should have not died in a ditch, in the snow, from alcohol, but things happen."

Bon Scott didn't die in a ditch, in the snow. He was found dead in a friend's car. Oh well, you got the alcohol part right.

rosie

I am not surprised that the tour is a mess. What does surprise me is that Wolfgang at 17 is performing with his dad, who is a mess. Ed Van Halen has had a drug and alcohol problem for more than 25 years. Is it no surprise he is a mess? Yes kids, this is what drugs and alcohol do to you. I haven't read Bertinelli's book and have no plans to. I am sure the marriage was a mess from the very beginning. One thing is certain...she sure as hell did not throw Ed Van halen under the bus. he did that to himself many years ago. He chose the lifestyle of drugs and alcohol and slept around all over the world. How is any wife supposed to tolerate that kind of crap for the long haul? I am surprised Bertinelli stayed with him as long as she did. Get off her back....so she admits to cheating too. Does it really matter? So she wrote a book? Who really cares? Van Halen chose to go on the road and yes I bet Mike anthony is laughing his ass off at all of them. If Ed Van Halen was any kind of a man he would get his ass into some major drug and alcohol rehab and hang up the guitar fro good and become a decent father to his son before he dies.

madison

KELLI ` IS THERE ANY SITE YOU DO NOT POST AND ARGUE ON ???

Kelli

madison? yeah just look girlfriend.

April Fouels

I am very much troubled by the current situation here in the U.S., I have lived in the E.U., Germany, and ready to move back. I miss Kraftwerk, they do not tour out of country, Art Of Noise is another,

just wondering

DARN, CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE WORDS TO .." HOW TO GET TO SESAME STREET??"...i MISS THAT TOO!!!!!! I'M NOT REALLY STRAYING!!...THANKS.

April Fouels

ALL HAIL...................RAMMSTEIN...................

Hollyweird

OMG, who cares. Washed up old farts who only did this tour for the MEGA bucks. RIP and good riddance VH. LMAO!!!!

666

That is funny you say that OU812...I have though of living in either Amsterdam or London two favorite cities of mine. I have been to both.......... Art of Noise and Kraftwerk I have heard of both these bands. Cool!

I understand what you are saying about the current situation in the world.......whenever i am in Europe i tell (if asked) that i am from canada. pretty bad huh?

Jack

LET ME SEARCH MY TRASH CAN ELMO....I AM SURE I CAN FIND IT FOR YA..........LMAO

zoso

Valerie is so not right for putting out her dirty laundry like this. Why Valerie now? Why? It's been a while and certainly you have figured out other ways of coming to terms. The reason: $$$$$. And that is sickening. Why do this to yourself, why do this to Eddie's legacy (even though he wasn't that great of muscian) and why do that to your son? For a fast gain on a fast selling book? Wrong, on so many levels. Eddie and his son will recover, but you Valerie, will always be remember as the whore who sold out. A truely graceful and respectful woman would not do this to her ex-husband and son, even if they already knew the facts ahead of time.