Spies Inside "Idol" Rehearsal Spill It

3/5/2008 8:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So today's "American Idol" rehearsal has just ended and here's what we got from our spies.
Idol Girls -- click to launch
David Cook and Michael Johns were talking while the girls were on the stage, discussing who was hot. At one point David said, "I would do her," pointing to someone -- sorry, we don't know who.

The worst performance was courtesy of Brooke White, though she looked the best. She sang a slowed-down, country version of "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar and it sucked. The best performance was Asia'h Epperson, who sang "I Want to Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston.

All the contestants were there and they have some kind of code, constantly referring to "shenanigans," which normally is a buzzword for hijinks, but they were clearly referring to something specific.

Danny Noriega and Ramiele Malubay are definitely best friends. He was on the side making a half-a-heart sign with his hands and she would complete the heart. The two talked about going to the mall for food after rehearsal.

David Cook was making fun of David Archuleta, like a big bro ragging on lil' bro. Cook was beaucoup arrogant during the rehearsal.

Seacrest sang "You Give Love a Bad Name" and was just as bad as yesterday, but lil' blondie freely admitted he was bad.

We're told they had 20 million votes for the guys last night -- a high for the season.

BigTicket

Brooke is HOT. She got a standing ovation from me too-in my pants! HAH!

M

I think Amanda was fantastic tonight! She is the only one that puts some life into IDOL. The rest are Britney "wanna-be's". As far as Carly goes, she shouldn't even be on this show. She has already had a record deal, this is suppose to be for amatuers! What gives??

auramac

David Cook is a smirking jerk and looks like one, too. Simon was right on the mark regarding Brooke White's "Love is a Battlefield"- it worked precisely because of the creative rearrangement- just her and guitar. It was the most believable vocal performance of the evening, and broke her out of the Carly Simon shtick. She was fantastic, but, of course, the subtlety was lost on the Tinnitus Generation and dance band-obsessed Randy and Paula. When Simon is wrong, as far as I'm concerned, it's usually because he's being too nice. And I wish someone would make sure that tattooed arm is covered up every week, though her throat is golden.

Jamie

David A. is overrated. He sounds so breathy and that licking with his tongue sticking out all the time that he does to lick his lips makes me want to scream at him! It's like a bad habit! I liked Brooke's version. She did great. Asai'h was not the best of the night. She was just okay in my book. Amanda was not as good as Simon went on and on about, maybe he was just trying to do reverse psychology since votefortheworst has made her their poster child. I remember him doing something similar once with Sanjaya. I thought Brooke and Carly were the best. The rest were kind of all scattered below. Ramiele was not as good tonight. I thought Kady was probably the worst, but she did sing better than she has all season, at least finally showing she can sing. She will probably go and Amanda should go, but she'll stick around and Kristie, Asai'h, Syesha, or Ramiele may go. They were all just kind of in the bottom, not bad but not great either.

Michelle in Clwtr

Brook White was very cool tonight. She is cute as a button and very refreshing. And, come on ladies! Everyone does Whitney and not one of you is good enough to sing like her! You should have made it your own and showed off your skills! Not how you can mimic her! Blah!

karen ward

After watching AI for the last 5 years it is clear that Simon has a favorite from the beginning, not always the best. Randy and Paula do everything in their power to keep it impartial but Simon clearly has favorites. And I am sure it influences the tv audience. I don't know if I have been watching this show too long or I am tired of his negativity, but he clearly does everying he can to influence the voring. I'm not watching AI anymore.

O Fend Ed

So much for TMZ spies - when the real deal aired, Brooke White was by far the best (followed by Kristie Lee Cook). Asia sucked. Whitney is so overdone on AI, as is Celine. It was the 80's, someone should have sung Bela Lugosi's Dead... or if that song was late 70's, then at LEAST Stigmata by Ministry.

B

Most of us LOVE American Idol, best show on the year 7 years running
BTW I loved Amanda and Ramiele
and David

busyness

Well, it just goes to show that rehearsals don't accurately indicate how the actual performance will go. I've just finished viewing the show, and Brooke White's version of "Love is a Battlefield" was one of the best of the night. And Asia'h Epperson's version of "I Want to Dance with Somebody" was one of the worst. I think she is in danger of going home. And I think Kady is definitely going home.

LeeAnn

i DON'T KNOW WHAT SHOW YOU WATCHED BUT IF YOU THINK ASIA"H EPPERSON WAS THE BEST FROM THE FEMALES TONIGHT, THEN YOU NEED TO GO TO HEAR-X OR SOMEWEHERE THEY DO HEARING TEST.

Anon

I'm sorry TMZ you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to music. Keep to journalism, and I really do use that term loosely.

Ramone

BROOKE was way better than Asi'jah!!!

The girls suck this year...it's gonna be a guy!!!!!

Chris

TMZ - Give us the "American Idol Inside Scoop." Who rooms with who? who hangs with who? who hates who? Thats the juice I want to hear!

big balls

i got to say ..... i didnt like amandas preformance at first but after last nite i am impressed she got my vote

Pookie Adams

You were off the mark, AGAIN - forget this "spy." This is retarded. Every comment was SO wrong - the same with the guys.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments