This Isn't Even a Crowd ... in China

3/5/2008 4:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The people of Shanghai came out to see David Beckham after he visited the children's leukemia ward at Xinhua Hospital.

They knew he didn't actually cure the kids, right?

Big Daddy

very interesting nice one

Jerry

Do you suppose this is why that lady reported that he was not at his son's birthday party last night? A long commute from China to Pink Taco.

for the haters!

can they even see w/those eyes : I dont believe that im even reading a comment like this in 2008! Why are some Americans so racist?

annoyed

Apparently most people in the media believe he can cure cancer and shoot lightning bolts from his eyes,

for the haters!

over 240 million people from more than 200 countries regularly play soccer. It might not be popular here in the States but for the majority of the rest of the world, it already is and has been for centuries. Maybe the idea was that Beckham could bring Soccer here to the US to increase what little popularity there is for the sport. Beckham is a fantastic soccer player and is an idol for some people, including China where the sport is huge! Dont be so naive about something you might not understand.

annoyed

O Worship the soccer player, worship the soccer player.........he has come to save us from mediocrity.

I can't even make myself buy this load of crap. Yaawwwn.

little eyes?

HEY TEXASCHICK.... WITH YOUR UNIQUILY LOW LEVEL OF INTELLEGENCE IT'S AMAZING YOU CAN EVEN TYPE WITH THAT LITTE PEA BRAIN.

annoyed

I still cant figure out how he managed to part the Red Sea. Maybe his wifey Posh stared at it for two hours without blinking.

SuperStarSteve

Those Chinese people must be having sex 5-10 times a day! Hmmmmm

Wrestlingsucks

"1. can they even see w/those eyes :" You're from the FATTEST state in the U.S., therefore, I'm not surprised at your comment. You're probably from a family of fat uneducated hicks whose combined yearly income is below $5,000. Go get an education you fat ugly white trash and lay off those twinkies. By the way, I think I hear your kid crying.

9's MAMA

# 6, you are correct.

Why else will the pay someone $250M for a sports that is just catching up in America? Someone popular comes to a league that does not measure up to Europe to help make it expand in the USA. People that do not understand soccer and the leagues will not understand your point.

# 1 TexasChick.

Whether small eyes or not, bad drivers or not, this lovely country of ours will really see a DEPRESSION if china demands we pay them what we owe from trade immediately!

# 9 - I agree with you ..LOL ...thats the only reason ....all day all raw ...

# To Myself

Dude, you are really on TMZ typing up stuff? Men, common now, I dont feel me right now

Grecia

They prpbebly didn't know, but you have to admit he is gooooog loookin'...

oopsydaisy

To TexasChick: can they even see w/those eyes ?

I was wondering who would typed such ignorant comment. Then, I realized something. Hey, you're from the same place as GWB. No wonder!

(No offense! There are many intelligent people I know that are from TX)

BlueberryMuffin

How wonderful can he REALLY be with a miserable sack of bones hanging on his arm? She's hatin life for a reason..I'm gonna guess it's the man in her life. Of course, he seems very happy....maybe she just hates herself. Plastic surgery on the F'ed up nose might be a good start.

Standards are badly needed.

The second coming with the huge bank account, helium voice and the blow-up doll wifey. He could sure play footy in his day, though, mad props, and he's a looker. You can't deny that.