"A.I." Secrets -- More From Our Mole

3/7/2008 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Idol" didn't want us there -- but TMZ has more inside dirt from the kick-off show taping last night.
American Idol
According to our spy, Kristy Lee Cook's parents had no faith in their daughter beating out Asia'h Epperson and were convinced she was getting the boot. Carly Smithson's mom was at the opposite end of the spectrum, acting cocky about her baby -- who has wowed the judges so far.

When Kady Malloy had to sing after getting axed, our insider saw Simon and Randy trying to hold back their laughter. After Danny Noriega sang his swan song, he was distraught and escorted offstage and Randy was seen telling Simon, "We should have kept him."

It was also clear Simon has a few favorites -- looking extremely happy when Brooke White and skunk-headed Amanda Overmyer were allowed to stay in the competition. He even told Brooke, "I'm glad and not surprised you made it this far. Keep it up, I got your back."

Cp3o

Thanks for the interesting news

lovemepghsteelers

1st 1st first 1st !! hehe

Shawn

I call total "B.S." on this story.

Rita

Carly - Like mother, like daughter.....Carly looks like she thinks they should end the competion right now and give her the win. I have a feeling she's going to get booted off a lot sooner than she thinks.

WWE

This competition is so political!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete

is this really that big of a deal? WHO CARES!!

Tina

Can't even watch this crappy show anymore. Not worth my time. They should actually hang it up and call it a day after this season. AI has run its course. The only truly talented peron to have come from AI is Carrie Underwood. The rest are all hacks and has beens (Kelly Clarkson).

Victoria

what Rita said.....agreed

just wondering

..I hope Rueben wins!!!

Madison

Yea, I do sorta believe that. But I thought Simon didn't like the "skunk haired" lady (idk her real name...). If Randy did say that about Danny, then I agree, he should've been able to stay. But after reading this I would like to know....do america's votes really matter when someone gets kicked off?? becuz it doesn't seem like it...

McKenna

I like David Cook, and Amanda Overmyer(she's liable to be off pretty soon)

niki

Ok...Brooke White, David Cook, David Archuleta, and Michael Jones ALL THE WAY FOR SURE!! I know this...FOR A FACT! SUCKAS!

amy

I am elated that Danny Noriega got booted. After that disgusting my space video he made about santa !%^& mothers he should have been booted last week without a vote. He's a psycho and reminds me of one of those students who go crazy and shoot up people. If you haven't seen the video check it out on the tmz site from a couple of days ago. It will physically make you sick and if it doesn't you to have major mental issues. I wonder what his relationship is like with his mother?

Ruby

No way Kristy Lee Cook out-sang Asia'h.....Asia'h was my favorite of the girls.....
And, Brooke stinks; I see no talent there. Judging from remarks that they are
making - Ryan "we should have kept him" and Simon "I've got your back" it
does not make any difference about the votes; they keep who the judges thinks
will make the best show.....And, to make .99 everytime a phone is dialed....

rsongia

VOTING IS A RIP-OFF! I'M SURPRISED SO MANY PEOPLE BOTHER. WHY NOT JUST WATCH THE SHOW?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments