Lisa Marie -- I'm Preggers, Not Fat!

3/7/2008 11:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just the other day, TMZ spotted Scientolostar Lisa Marie Presley, 40, out looking awfully big. And now she's confirmed exactly why.

On her MySpace blog, Presley announced that she's pregnant (this will be her third child, first with her fourth husband, musician Michael Lockwood) but she saves her real verbal fireworks to totally unload on the tabloid media, whom she calls "irresponsible," "disgusting," and "black souls." And that's just for starters:

After being the target all week of slanderous and degrading stories, horribly manipulated pictures and articles in the media, I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant.

Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight. Starting with a London publication and then New York and Chicago all writing false defamatory degrading stories about all of the dark possible reasons I could be putting on weight. The US tabloids have been calling all day wanting confirmation on all kinds of insane theories.

They couldn't wait to find out if my weight gain was because I was just overeating, in which case It would be open season and they can do the old following in her fathers sad and unfortunate demise story again or less interesting for them and probably much to their dismay, I could just be pregnant and therefore have a legitimate reason for weight gain at which point they should probably wipe the saliva off of their fangs and put them back in their mouths or they may expose the black little souls that they are.

Now that things are confirmed, hopefully they can stop all of the harassment and I can stop dodging the continuous bullets. It is unfortunate that I couldn't have announced something that is this much of a blessing and that has made us so incredibly happy under better circumstances.

How they have handled themselves with this has been nothing short of irresponsible and disgusting.

Pardon my seething contemptuous tone but ladies, You KNOW if you were pregnant and you felt you were expanding uncontrollably by the moment as a result and the worldwide media started badgering and harassing you for it, plastering you everywhere in an unflattering light, you would be mortified as well.

dimondeb

I can't believe people are attacking her boyfriend's looks. Get a life people. He could be the most marvelous human being in the world, why would people be so hateful.

Jennifer

Oh my gosh-- the person who wrote the comment about how they thought it looked like Lisa Marie was out shopping with Barbra Streisand, nearly made me fall on the floor laughing. TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll admit he isn't the most handsome fella to me, but maybe he's super nice and treats her really well. And obviously Lisa Marie must think he's pretty hot!! Whatever floats your boat I guess :)

ANNA

OMG! I thought that was a woman walking with her at first! UH, couldn't she do any better than THAT!?

elvisa

Her man is hot-like Tom Petty!

Jeanne

He is not that bad looking, really. This is just a bad picture. Go to his web site...

cindy

Is that Penny Marshall with her? You know, Laverne, of Laverne & Shirley?

L.S

That's her husband ewww looks like a old lady

Taylor

I do not blame her for ranting on her site about this. Pregnant or not it really isn't anyone's business how heavy she becomes. However, it would be much easier to take her seriously if she weren't a cult member.

patty

Oh-Boo Hoo!!! Someone pass me the tissues!! I bear her no ill will, I have also been pregnant and felt like a cow, but seriously, another rich celebrity crying about TOO much attention! GIVE ME A BREAK! They choose the lifestyle, besides, I can't believe shes being hounded THAT much, shes not exactly a high profile celebrity or anything.

Princess

YOU GO, girl ! let em have it. Besides, pregnant or not, WOMEN ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE CURVES and Latina say "bone is for dog. MEAT is for MAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN".

marla

DID YOU KNOW THAT LISA AND 0PRAH ARE RELATED?

kattdaddy2

Stop lyin !

I don't care if she's pregnant or not, she's still a fat @ss ! She was a fat @ss before she got pregnant, so she should quit !

She ain't a looker, and from what folks are sayin, neither is her beau, but congrats to them anywayz !

But I still hate the fact that she's using her pregnancy as an excuse as to why she's a fat @ss ???

Lisa, screw the media, just be fat and proud of it !

Tell them to kiss your fat @ss !

Sunny

Lisa is too old to be having babies. What is disturbing about this trend of celebrities refusing to be realistic and accepting of their ages, is how influential they are. If other women think that in their mid-40's they can pull of a healthy and reasonably risk-free pregnancy, they are deluding themselves. The risk for down syndrome goes quite high and the risk of maternal death also goes frighteningly high past 35. Lisa is nearly ten years over that point. It is also undeniably much more difficult to remain fit and maintain a healthy weight range past the 35 mark. Her personal vanity should be the least of her worries. She does look huge and probably at risk for gestational diabetes or a cardiac risk. Not too smart of her to have taken such a risk.

JEN IN TEXAS

BRAVO. Well Said. I think that the media needs to leave people alone about weight issuses. Wether she was pregnant or just gaining weight, it is her life. As long as she is comfortable with herself. The media is why we have so many bulimic and anorexic people in the U.S. Leave people alone about weight issues

Julie

Um. The woman is 40 and happily married. I'd say that gives her the right to be as pregnant as she wants to be. She's right, the media DOES behave disgracefully about this stuff a lot of the time and they should just STFU and let her gestate in peace. And actually I think her husband looks kind of like Tom Petty, which makes him fine with me, and I wish I looked as good as she does at 6 months gestation.