Horton Hears an Abortion Protest

3/8/2008 10:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

All hell broke loose at the Hollywood premiere of "Horton Hears a Who!" today when a group of pro-lifers infiltrated the screening, then chanted anti-abortion slogans after the flick.

The theme of the movie is based on the motto: "After all, a person is a person, no matter how small." So the pro-lifers thought it was a good idea to use this theme to their advantage -- even though their complicated message was falling mostly on the ears of children.

The stars in attendance included Victoria Beckham and her three kids, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy, Steve Carell and all 12 contestants from "American Idol."

After the chanting ended, the group put red tape over their mouths that said "Life" on them, and paraded around the event.

Shouts of protest were returned by some in attendance, including, "This is a kid's premiere," "How dare you," and "Do you really care that much about this?"

Lisa

I think this is very sad that they did this to a children's movie. That was not the time or the place! PERIOD. I am 33 years old. I have had 2 abortions. I have 2 beautiful boys who are now 4 and 2.5 years old who were PLANNED. I have a wonderful husband who is the one that got me pregnant all 4 times. We have a wonderful house and life. We could not have had all of this if I had given birth to the first pregnancy rather than terminated. The abortion saved my relationship at the time. Btw, I have also donated my eggs to infertile couples and 2 families now have babies because of me and my eggs. I don't regret any of my decisions. I did what was best for me, my husband, and my 2 beautiful baby boys.

grapevine

This was not the pro-lifers!! If it did happen...and I have my doubts. You can be sure it was some choicers. This knid of pointless nonsense is their trademark and style.

Prolifers have an agenda of truth.

Kristina

Obviously Kelli and her 3 abortions is a fake post, but I LOVE the people who post, "I'm pro-choice but abortion should not be used as birthcontrol." Why not?! It is either a clump of cells or it isn't. Right! You would not limit a person to only having a single wart removed would you? The reason you morons write crap like that is because you think it is the progressive thing to say, but even you idiots are not so stupid to think that it is not a baby being killed. Of couse it is. That is why you are repulsed at someone having 3 abortions. It is the same as the idiots who write, "I'm personally against abortion, but would not want to tell someone else what to do." If you lived in 1845 you would have said "I personally would never own a slave, but who am I to tell slave owners that blacks are people." Spineless cowards.

blah blah

first of all, these "protestors" only wore red tape on their mouths saying "life." how is this something that shouldn't be seen by children?? oh no honey, don't look at the people with tape on their mouths, you'll be scarred for life. this is why there were no pictures, no signs, anything of the sort. and truthfully, it wasn't like they were screaming or chanting in anyway. if you didn't want to know why they were there, then you just simply didn't have to look at them.

after all, a person is a person, no matter how small...
and that's the ONLY point trying to be made.

Alicia

Lisa,
I was just wonder something. What is more important to you, your wonderful house or your two boys? Money or children?
I would rather be poor and have my children, than have to kill my children to have a nice house. It is sad today that many people think that money and stuff is more important than their own childrens' lives. People plan pregnancy and if by chance they get a baby they were not expecting, they kill it and say, "Oh, we didn't plan this." The baby would have gotten in the way of their pursuit of the so-called American Dream. The nice house, nice car, but what about your own children? What about the baby that was growing inside of you? Those babies were depending on your for life and you terminated their lives for your own selfish gain. What about their right to pursue the American Dream? When will we stop thinking our children are a burden or a mistake, and realize that they are a blessing and a heritage from the Lord.
Children are a heritage from the Lord, A reward from Him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons and daughters born in one's youth. Blessed is the one whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. Psalms 127:3-5

Baseball Junkie

Ali, I was so harsh to GIVE THEM A CHANCE because he was even more stupid than most. Anyone that idiotic who insists on posting without knowing how to properly use a computer should have been removed from the gene pool either before or after birth. His reductio ad absurdem was merely absurd.

Mommy E

Abortion stops a beating heart...... The best noise I ever heard in my life was that little heart beating in my womb.....If you choose to do the steps in order to create a life--- then at least give that sweet little life a chance.... There are better choices. Adoption is not the easy way out--- it takes real guts and unselfishness... Thank God my cousins' biological mothers chose to give them a chance...Many lives have been blessed because those women's unselfishness, and I'm sure that many lives have been blessed because of all of YOUR mothers chose to give you life. Again...abortion stops a beating heart--- sounds like murder to me.

Eliana

23/6 did a great satire of other Seuss titles adapted to serve conservative politics, like "Oh! The places you'll go! That rhyme with "bell" if you have premarital sex!" http://www.236.com/news/2008/03/20/one_fish_two_fish_red_fish_red_1_5304.php

Andie

Okay, this is a kid's movie, but how is it so wrong to teach children to respect and fight for all forms of life. Abortion is killing a developed unborn baby because the mother doesn't want to deal with bringing life into the world...not the best example for kids today, huh? v_v

free to know the truth

You see a woman throwing her baby out the window of a 6 story building because she dosen't want it. Is that ok? In or out of the uterus it's the same child! Why is that so hard to comprehend????? Those of you here who have had abortions..I feel sorry for you but there is forgiveness!! Change your heart and at least support saving the lives of other unborn children.
To the writer of this article:
This is clearly pro choice propeganda!! The kids with the red tape are Bound4LIFE and it's a cause to save lives. You make them out to be something bad to further your own personal views.
The story behind this movie was written long before the lies and greed of abortion infiltrated this country but i'm sure Dr Suess if he were alive would be marching with the red tape on his mouth too.
This is not religion, right wing or left wing....its just the truth!!

Mikail Moolla

Now THIS is comedy!

Nathanael

I like how politics have been slipping into movies for a very very long time now, but this one is suddenly a big deal. we've punched at almost every type of political issue in movies, and now we all suddenly offended at this one. I can see how telling a bunch of small children to be pro-life wouldn't amount to too much, since they are indeed the ones who must have lived past birth. And honestly, I think the pro-life activists achieved everything they intended to; look how much attention they've gotten so far.
"Do you really care that much about this?" -... I like how murder suddenly loses importance once we label it "abortion."

-do I disagree with the protest, yes. it was out of place.

a line must be drawn. partial-birth, prenatal... where does life begin.
I do believe a person is a person, no matter how small; and no matter what womb they're in.

Vince Asbjornsen

I can't believe you selfish individuals who think that abortion is a right! If it was a group of protesters shouting to "save the trees" or "saving whales", you would applaud them! But when it comes to saving babies ("embryo" and "fetus" are just semantics designed to quell the conscience of the masses).

Kids should know what our "noble" and "morally upright" culture supports.

Thank God for the ones who will speak for the oppressed!

Tansy

abortion is wrong, did you know at two weeks a fetus' heart starts to beat? and it's wrong to kill something that could grow up to be just like you or me, i'm not an activist, but i still think it's wrong, take a good look at someone you love...what if they had been aborted? never thought it could hit that close to home? look at your children, you love them don't you? your pretty little children, what if you had killed them? did you know that at a week old it can feel pain? when they inject the uterus with the saltine solution they use to kill the fetus, the fetus tries to move away from the solution? could you murder something even though it doesn't breathe yet? but yet it has a heart, and a mind? think about it for awhile, is it really right?

Cp3o

Thanks for the interesting news