Meat Loaf's Paradise by the Photog Light

3/11/2008 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ is used to seeing him cuss like a bat outta hell -- but yesterday in NYC, Meat Loaf was surprisingly polite.

He offered up some spice, but this Loaf was better enjoyed cold.

VMillett

Meat Loaf is the MAN. And this guy is better with age. He's 60 and looks wonderful and I would LOVE to see him in concert.
I love the guy....

No Fooling

I love you man!!! You`re looking good.

FlBiker

Great musician

Mrs Joe Jackson

He is washed up anyway... there is a saying in the record biz.. "you are only as big as your last record."

27 years ago... even that album was a moderate hit.

Baseball Junkie

BlueJayFlys:
His last album was Bat out of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose. Your lack of knowledge is showing. I bet you don't even know what that title is referring to. BTW Bat Out of Hell (the original) went platinum which in 1978 was pretty damn impressive. In fact, it's platinum 22 now.
It's amazing how people with no knowledge on a subject still think they have a right to comment on a subject. Meatloaf had, and still has, a marvelous voice. He is a very good actor, on Broadway as well as film. He gives amazing concerts. And while he doesn't write any songs himself, he chooses the songs himself and has an amazing talent for picking great ones. The Britney Spears and Jessica Simpsons of the world can only wish they had his intelligence and talent. He may never have had the audience of some other performers but that it because too many people (read YOU) don't have the brains to recognize talent when they hear it. I bet you think Warren Zevon (if you even recognize the name) never wrote anything but "Werewolves of London" never knowing how many more famous singers covered his music.

Basically, BlueJayFlys, you're an ignorant idiot who apparently knows nothing about rock beyond the surface that everyone knows. Do you even know who influenced the Rolling Stones? or the Beatles? Do you even know who the Cars were/are? Does the name Iron Butterfly ring any bell at all? The Loviin' Spoonful? Jefferson Airplane? Heck, have you even heard of Jimi Hendrix beyond the one clip from Woodstock that gets played over and over?
Basically, if you don't know anything about rock and roll, don't bother commenting.

Go Sox

Britney Spears 4Evah

Meat Loaf has an amazing vocal range. His concerts rock. He's a great actor. His "Bats" are historic recordings. Saw him in concert, I believe, in 2003 or 2004. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Baseball Junkie

Britney_Spears_Fan_Club, You are so right. I saw him this past July. His concerts rock even more than his albums do. Difficult to believe but true. His concerts combine his singing and his acting and are wonderful.

Go Sox

Novel1

I think Jack Black should throw Loaf a bone. Both have insane operatic vocal stylings and could rock out something great if they tried a duet on the right song. If you've ever seen the M4TV movie about Loaf's life, it is very enlightening about his tremendous ego and past mistakes.

Boxy Roxy

I went to one of his concerts about 9 years ago in Chicago. It sucked, and until then I was a huge fan.

Then I heard fairly recently that he's been having an affair with his backup singer. That did it for me. The guy's a pig. And he even had his daughter onstage with him in Chicago. Wonder what she's thinking about Daddy now? Again: the guy's a pig. A washed-up, nothing pig. A pig out of hell.

mrs. reeves

Bat out of hell is one the best selling albums of all time. You youngsters should get your facts straight before commenting on something you obv know nothin bout. Now go get your milk & cookies and take your nap.

MEATLOAF ROCKS

LOVE YA MAN

Momcat

I used to date Marvin (his given name) about a thousand years ago when we were teenagers.He had a great peronality and huge charm, a rgeat kisser too! He had an oustnding voice and a presence that made it easy to lok beyond his outer limitations.,he wa a big gu even then, to see what a great person he was. I wish him only the best He needs to come home to Texas where he oould have a actual private life.

Baseball Junkie

Facetime:
I'm sorry your concert experience was so different from mine and Britney_Spears_Fan_Club. The only backup singer Meatloaf ever had an affair with is his wife, the mother of his two daughters. If you don't like his music anymore that is your right but don't spread libel.

Go Sox

GoMets

First - Meat Loaf didn't ever have an affair with a back-up singer, His wife was his wife well before she ever recorded for him on back up vocals, and never did she tour with him as part of the band. As far as calling the man a pig . . . you are basing this proclamation on what exactly? Because you didn't like his concert? Boy imagine what your boss must say when you do something wrong or have a bad day at the office. I have had the pleasure of meeting the man several times, last night being one of them infact, and I can assure you, pig, is the last adjective that would come to mind, the man is beyond hard working, polite, caring, genuine, and affectionate . . . what do you have going for you?