Mariah Replaces Janet on "SNL"

3/12/2008 12:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mariah Carey"SNL" has replaced one sick diva with another!

Sources tell TMZ Mariah Carey will be the musical guest on "SNL" this week after Janet Jackson dropped out because of the flu.

Miss Carey if you're nasty!

jfp

SNL must have been working their nasty whore list.

Tangie

Who cares?!?! Who watches that unfunny show, anyway?!?

Mio Destino

I think Maria Carey is better anyway......although my favourite for the show would be Rihanna http://www.miodestino.co.uk/blog/2007/12/07/rihanna-in-mimi-holliday-lingerie/

Julie

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

why didn't they get Carol Channing? I heard she is free...unless her ex-lover Rev Al won't let her perform!

annoyed

Between the "watercooler" spam links (post #10) and the millionaire dating spam idiots,(#11) this place is getting to be nothing but a free ads website. Do you spammers ever do anything else besides post stupid links that no one cares to look at?

tara

yes FOR REAL GO AWAY... WEALTHYROMANCE IS STUPID!!!

I hate spammers man!! as for the comment before that.. the digital funtown one.. i just have to say that is crazy.. lol

I LOVED IT!!! although it was totally irrelevant!!! lol

Sarah Lee

hey John Berryman, I'm sure both Janet and Mariah are both disappointed that you won't be doing them anytime soon! Anyways - I really love Mariah and now I have a reason to watch SNL!

crys

Glad to hear that Mariah could do this. I love her "Touch my Body" video. It's a stitch. Hope Janet feels better soon.

TMZ FAN

Love Mariah hate Janet... .. Janet ... You go now

Carolyn A-B

Janet Jackson dropped out on Tuesday for an East Coast broadcast on Saturday. This woman is determined to undermine her own career.The 40 year old singer would have had a national audience in the millions to resuscitate her faltering career and generate buzz for her new album. Does she even have a paid advisor on staff? Now that hip, young-ish audience will get to see a musical rival, and she'll be the one to profit from the unexpected attention.

Judy Garland would have limped onto the stage, fever and all, and wowed the crowd to boot.

TMZ FAN

I don't know about you BUT I would much rather see Mariah then nasty old (key word is OLD), Janet any day

TMZ FAN

Janet is so... 80's.. Don't you think? More Mariah less Janet.. Lets vote

TMZ FAN

Janet Who? ... I like Mariah and will watch Sat Night Live..

TMZ FAN

Who would want to watch Janet anywayz.. She old news.. Love Mariah!!! .. Good choise Sat Night Live!! ..

YankeesRule

Someone said earlier that Mariah 'must not have that much going on if she can replace her that quickly.' BUT really she already lives in NYC for srarters... plus when artists debut their music that's their smartest PR move- promoting it! So really, you don't know her schedule, nor do I... but you can bank on the fact Mariah looked at as a smart move. She may have canceled other plans to do it, but she's on top of her game as always. She will be awesome on SNL because she's the most talented singer in the world and I CAN'T WAIT to see her perform live!!

GO MARIAH!