Mariah Replaces Janet on "SNL"

3/12/2008 12:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mariah Carey"SNL" has replaced one sick diva with another!

Sources tell TMZ Mariah Carey will be the musical guest on "SNL" this week after Janet Jackson dropped out because of the flu.

Miss Carey if you're nasty!

TMZ FAN

I'd rather see Pee Wee Harman then see Janet on Sat Night Live.. She's lucky they would even consider her.. LOVE MARIAH !!! ..

TMZ FAN

Janet Jackson is a hasben anyway...

TMZ FAN

I think Sat NIght Live made a good choise... Who would watch icky old Janet Jackson anyway? Just hate her.. Viva Mariah and BOO to Janet Jackson .. (I wish she would just go away)

Alexa

If Mariah's going to be wearing her usual tight, disgusting clothes on SNL, I'm changing the channel. Enough already!

Bubblebunny

Janet- Start to take computer classes, so you can support Germaine Dupree. It will be a smart move for you in this depressed economy. You need the money for gas.

Carlos Anino

omg i havent seen MC on Saturday Night Live since I was in junior high! Love it, can't wait! Love me some MC!

Bubblebunny

I (stupidly) bought her album, (Discipline). What a HUGE mistake. She's no good, period on this album. What happened to her ????

auramac

I'm not a fan of either. Why not get Rilo Kiley- Jenny Lewis, or bring The Subways in from England? Aimee Mann? Kathleen Edwards? How about Ray Davies? How about some rock 'n roll? One more Obama-as-an-idiot sketch, though, and I'm turning it off.

YankeesRule

Hi Alexa....... I'm sitting here reading your jealous post... of what Mariah might be wearing on SNL... and it sounds to me like from your end- your sitting there eating cheetos and twinkies while typing such a post. And the thought of what you must look like has me laughing both internally and eternally!!!! Sorry MC looks so beautiful after 20 years in the business , and you on the other hand are probably pushing maximum density. Hahahahahaha

eyrial

They are both awesome, Janet for her dancing (I was blown away by her concert some years back) and Mariah for hitting the high notes.
I'm glad that SNL is still attracting such major talent. And Amy Poehler rocks!

fergiebear

She can do the show so quickly becauses she lives in NYC!!!!!

arab

MC is hotter than ever!!! That Touch my Body video is doing her justice!!! 37 and she looks better than any of these young starlets

George William Gockel

I will watch Mariah Carey on Saturday Night Live.

tippy katz

Oh and Yankees suck.
No? ok, win the world series and prove it.

LOL

Janet's been finished for a minute now. The grand finale for Janet was the super bowl wardrobe malfunction... (wink-wink-nudge-nudge)

Mariah... as long as she is taking her meds and hittin' them high pitches and every other player in the game... she cool.
One thing I gotta say is UNLIKE Janet... the broad can blow... (no pun intended)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments